• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Lions, Super Rugby Round 13 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

Reckon the Reds have turned the corner and look good and focussed for the run home. Hopefully QC (Quade Cooper) does not overdo his return, either by trying to make those big plays or placing too much stress on the body.

Being selfish hope the Brums get absolutely flogged the week before meeting the Reds.

Reds by 15

L

Linebacker_41

or he becomes a higginbotham, last year he was payed out for not being tight enough and not physical enough, but has always posessed talent. He has shown us all this season what he can do.

Morahan is getting paid out this year, and still has time to prove himself.

True LB - the difference for me is at Fullback you need to make that 1-on-1 tackle on Pocock 10m from your try line or at least get a good piece on him to slow him down.

T

TOCC

Cant wait for the game already, hopefully it might help people forget that a certain player signed with an unspecified team

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Now the Brumbies have won with a bonus point can we still make it?? I would now reconsider starting QC (Quade Cooper), I would bench him and reduce his workload.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Now the Brumbies have won with a bonus point can we still make it?? I would now reconsider starting QC (Quade Cooper), I would bench him and reduce his workload.

No way would you bench him. You need him to get game time under his belt before the Brumbies match next week.

The Reds can still make it but they have win every match remaining. And they need to win this one by a decent margin.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
As A Reds Supporter I have basically written off our Finals chances this year. I know we can still make it but it relies on the brumbies losing games. So our destiny is not in our hands. I'm still going to every game and enjoying the reds style of play. And if, by some miracle, they do make it I'll be even happier.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
As A Reds Supporter I have basically written off our Finals chances this year. I know we can still make it but it relies on the brumbies losing games. So our destiny is not in our hands. I'm still going to every game and enjoying the reds style of play. And if, by some miracle, they do make it I'll be even happier.
We're only 5 points from a wildcard entry. The Brumbies are 13 points ahead of the Reds - If the Reds get close, I reckon it will be good enough to make the finals.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Hell yeah, I haven't given up hope yet. Three teams easily in reach for the playoffs. Brumbies position on the log currently skewed to with an extra bye taken. In reality if the Reds get a bonus point win today & beat the Brumbies next week they are only one win behind the Brums going into the break. Highlanders ,Sharks,Hurricanes even the Crusaders are all still within reach. There can be no slip ups though and those teams need some losses & the Reds need maximum points.....a lot.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reds have bye coming so there is 4. Should get a bonus points tonight. So there is 9 points and we will beat the brumbies next week so there 13 point + 1 more for bonus point why not.

I have feeling the brumbies will get opened up by the reds. And link will go to work on them this week after lasts nights game

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeh I was a bit worried but then saw we still had a bye, and they are pretty hard games to lose!

The Brumbies have already had both of theirs. The teams we have left to play aren't exactly world beaters either. I'm confident we can make up the ground. Obviously a win over the Brumbies is essential.

Big win tonight from the boys hopefully!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Don't get too excited by the bye. Yes we get 4 points but we don't catch the Brumbies unless they lose.

Sent using Tapatalk on a very old phone

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Don't get too excited by the bye. Yes we get 4 points but we don't catch the Brumbies unless they lose.

Sent using Tapatalk on a very old phone

If Reds win all their remaining matches they'll make the finals at least as a Wildcard. The teams in NZ and SA conferences have to play each other too many times to hold them out.

But a big bonus point win tonight is a must for confidence reasons as much as anything else.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm looking forward to a 2012 Reds game where I _think_ I can relax as to the outcome, a first this year! Most others have been high anxiety roller coasters.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
True Sully, but they aren't as far ahead as the current ladder makes it seem. They do however have a favourable draw left. As a Reds fan, we can hope they slip up against a resurgent Rebels or hope that the Tahs or Blues find form against them. Of course the Reds must beat them first to have any hope of any of that to have a chance to come to fruition. The Cheetahs can do us a favour & beat the Sharks this weekend and the Bulls to take down the Clan and we'll be looking a lot better. Any way one looks at it though, every week is a final for this Reds team to make the playoffs....plus a bit of luck. Not giving up hope yet though!
But you're right in saying that the destiny isn't in their own hands, it will come down to some luck and some upsets.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Think the Reds can still sneak into 6 with 4 wins and 2 bp. After the win last night its conceivable the Brumbies can win the rest with the exception of next weekend.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Brumbies have a relatively easy few weeks after the reds game. Only team with much chop is the rebels with there nothing to lose attitude. Brumbies should make short work of the rest.

The reds now not need to focus on top of the ladder of Aus conference but making into the wild cards.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

I agree. Crusaders loss was the big one.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Think the Reds can still sneak into 6 with 4 wins and 2 bp. After the win last night its conceivable the Brumbies can win the rest with the exception of next weekend.

Should be good to see the reds going for more bonus points, especially with most of the backline at full strength.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I think the Force loss was bigger & not going for the bonus point against the Blues.

Agree Penguin. The only time I've said this for a long time as I'm not a ref-basher: with a 'normal' referee, I think we would have won re Cru, I really do.

I'd also add that remarkably poor defense cost us hugely v Stormers. That too was a game that we should and could have won with better application, we were not walked over by the Stormers any means.

The team only really started to rebuild back to the standards they set in 2011 from the Blues game forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.