• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Sunwolves, Rnd 4 2020, Suncorp Stadium Feb 22 19:15

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
To be fair that Reds scum isn't the easiest to hold onto the back of. That thing goes like the clappers (so far as scrums go).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Have got our own " home town ref" with Nick Berry down to control this game.

Might be on a hiding to nothing after the stink of Argentina.

It does make you wonder..

Don't know Nomad. Berry was more than reticent to act against the Highlanders winger last weekend. Seems to be a thing with Aussie refs - they look like they bend over backwards to appear to be evenhanded, but in truth are more than harsh usually on the Aussie side in a mixed conference game.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Don't know Nomad. Berry was more than reticent to act against the Highlanders winger last weekend. Seems to be a thing with Aussie refs - they look like they bend over backwards to appear to be evenhanded, but in truth are more than harsh usually on the Aussie side in a mixed conference game.
That’s sort of what I was getting at , he will be judged as having home team bias if the penalty count is too much in the Reds favour.

As is Berry is on a hiding to nothing.

B

Bobby Sands

Which I actually don't mind!!!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Feel in my waters that the Reds will come out on top of this one to the tune of a 30+ margin.

Yeah not 30. But it could be a nice kick off to the home games. Have to take care though, Sun Wolves are a Barbarians team that is seriously able to punish. D needs to be flying and the attack physical and effective.

Sunwolves are going to humiliate someone, let it not be the Reds first home game.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the Sunwolves have already checked off their humiliate someone card.

Reckon Brad Thorn is the kind of motivator who would turn last weekend's frustration into a playing group that is rabid to take things out on the Sunwolves.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I wouldn’t change our starting team from last week. A bit of magic happened in the first half, that I haven’t seen since 2011 in the Reds. If you look at last week’s team, we have the best rated number 1 and 2 players in the Australian conference bar 1 or 2 positions. We just need playing consistency in positions to form chemistry. We are making progress.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting how the tune changed from one game to the next regarding JOC (James O'Connor).

Let the youngster play off the bench once (if) the game is in the bag. That will give him the freedom to express himself and will do wonders for his development if he can get confidence that way for a few successive games.

The Reds stand a good chance to go on a good run at home. If the Reds make the playoffs, still play him off the bench, he will be better for the KO experience whatever happens. If they are out of the running for a playoff spot later in the season they can give him a start at 10 again.

B

Bobby Sands

It’s a fair way to break him in, but I think he’s a 15 anyhow.

Send him to The Chiefs for a year & live with Damien McKenzie.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
St.George Queensland Reds v Sunwolves – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane on 22 February at 6:15pm AEST

1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Alex Mafi – Bond University
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Izack Rodda – Easts
5. Angus Blyth – Bond University
6. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto - Souths
7. Liam Wright © – Easts
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers
11. Henry Speight – Bond University
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland

16. Ed Craig* – TBC
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
19. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
20. Fraser McReight – Brothers
21. Scott Malolua – GPS
22. Isaac Lucas – Sunnybank
23. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
16. Ed Craig* – TBC
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland

Is Dave Feao injured?
Not completely sold on Nasser just yet.

Also not on the hype train with Blythe. Would prefer Hockings.
In saying that, was expecting to see Rodda & LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) in the row with maybe an ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Wright & Wilson backrow (McReight, Hockings on the bench).

Anyway, bring on the weekend and a Reds win :)

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
With how much flying the Reds have done in a month, you've got to wonder how the big fella's legs are. They wouldn't have got home till Tuesday sometime and I can't imagine have been able to do much if any contact this week.

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
Is Dave Feao injured?
Not completely sold on Nasser just yet.

Also not on the hype train with Blythe. Would prefer Hockings.
In saying that, was expecting to see Rodda & LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) in the row with maybe an ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Wright & Wilson backrow (McReight, Hockings on the bench).

Anyway, bring on the weekend and a Reds win :)
Nasser will be absolutely fine against the Sunwolves. Once he fixes his scrumming (from all reports he has certainly improved on last year over the preseason,) he will be a very, very fine player. Will be a good indicator of where he’s at after seeing 20 minutes from him this weekend.