• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Tahs semi or Stormers v Tahs, what would you prefer?

Assuming the Tahs win, who would you prefer to see in the semi-finals next week?

• Reds v Tahs

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Stormers v Tahs

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
If the tahs win (a big if), would you prefer to see a Reds v Tahs semi, or Stormers v Tahs? Either is a possibility depending on the result of the Crusaders v Sharks.

I'd be interested to hear what G&GR readers think. Personally, I would if the tahs went to cape town, because that would leave the possibility of an all Aus final.

Also if the Tahs played the reds next week I think the Tahs would have a good chance of beating the Reds, going on how they played against them a couple of weeks back, but would almost certainly butcher it in the final against the Stormers. Given the Tahs current injury problems it is unlikely they will even get past the Blues, but they could still sneak past the Reds as these matches have a tendency to be tight. However, if they got over the Reds I feel they would really struggle against a close to full strength Stormers.

In short, even as a Tahs fan, I would prefer to see the Reds win rather than the Tahs just make the final and lose. My hate for NZ and SAF winning outweighs my hate for the Reds, who are really hard to hate this year!

Duncher

Herbert Moran (7)
I'd much rather see the tahs play the Reds. It does two things, ensures an Aussie team in the final AND I think the tahs have a much better chance against the reds than they do flying all the way to Cape Town to take on the Stormers... Just my .02

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think most people here would like to see the Tah's make it to the semi's but it would be nice to see them play the Stormers as it would mean that the Reds would play the Sharks.

T

TOCC

Wow, it's one to hypothesize about future finals opponents, but you seem to be dismissing the Blues at your own peril...

If a saffa forum was having the same discussion for there respective teams we would lambast them as arrogant wankas!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Should the Tahs win, I would like them to play the Stormers and the Reds the Sharks. Neither have had the chance to play those sides and it would add something different. What ever will be will be though.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Should the Tahs win, I would like them to play the Stormers and the Reds the Sharks. Neither have had the chance to play those sides and it would add something different. What ever will be will be though.
The reason I ticked the Stormers box.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry to disrespect but it's a bit of a pointless thread. The Sharks and the Tahs winning just won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.