• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls Rnd 5 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
There are many unanswered questions regarding the aftermath of the Sharks game so here is the thread to post answers as they come to light.

2012 Bulls are a confident team and will be fresh after the bye. Tough ask this week but the Reds have stood up to Bulls sides well in the past bar our last visit to Loftus of course.

If Harris and Lucas don't pull through, we need to get Lance into the 15 as I understand he is a good goal kicker.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Got to admire the front involved in this - you would never guess which team holds the record for the most points scored against a Super Rugby side in a single game would you? :D

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
red-bull-rb7-f1-wallpaper-2011-9.jpg

So that's what this thread is about, right?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
If we have all of Diggers, Lucas and Harris out, and Morahan a come-lately turnstile that can be relied upon to leak points if required to make a critical tackle, then Link may need reinforcements tomorrow.

The Bulls will have tracked our now consistently poor handling and ball security in 2012 and noticed how the Sharks attacked us successfully in many breakdowns, and they'll be licking their chops with a home game beckoning. With the above players possibly out, we could be in for a humbling return to Pretoria...as much as I hate to say it.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Assuming that both Harris & Lucas are injured, or even have a niggle, Links if he stays true to his philosophies, will not fly anyone over.
IMHO I think Lance should go to flyhalf, and Murphy to second fly half, as Lance has the experience at S15.
keep the other players in their normal positions.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just heard Harris and Lucas are on their way home with hamstring injuries... Big loss to us.

I suspect that we will need to concentrate the ball more in the forwards and truck it up the hard way - not an easy task against the bulls by any stretch. Tough game coming up for us I feel.

*edit* sorry qwerty, just saw your post - echoed your statement (sort of)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Harris and Lucas are out, Kafe isn't looking so stupid is he..

Kafe's prediction had nothing to do with these injuries, or the general assumption of away game injuries; it was to do with the known absence of QC (Quade Cooper).

If a media commentator's theory was that losing prime players at 10 and 12 could lower a team's chances of winning away games, he'd hardly be termed a genius. I wouldn't think Kafe would take much satisfaction in being right on the basis of these types of unforeseen major team injuries.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just heard Harris and Lucas are on their way home with hamstring injuries... Big loss to us.

I suspect that we will need to concentrate the ball more in the forwards and truck it up the hard way - not an easy task against the bulls by any stretch. Tough game coming up for us I feel.

*edit* sorry qwerty, just saw your post - echoed your statement (sort of)

If we try win this in the forwards we will lose this badly, we just don't have the pack for it and the Saffas have been doing it for years. Width will win this for us. Backup can be called in for verse Force if anyone is fit, this is still a better backline than the Force can put on the park on their best week. Asssuming Digby is suspended and no one is flown in as cover which will likely have been announced at this time.

9. Genia
10. Murphy
11. Morahan
12. Lance
13. Taps
14. Shipperly
15. Davies

21. Frisby
22. Samo

Status
Not open for further replies.