• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Force Round 2 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Well for me this is the battle for the wooden spoon in the Australian conference, for all the heckle Richard Graham cops, i don't think Michael Foley is a much better coach.

Chris Alcock and Kyle Godwin are in doubt for the Force, Henry Taefu is in doubt for the Reds.

Reds will win the set piece, Force will win the breakdown, both teams will lose in structure and attack.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Force actually tried to play some rugby, unlike the Reds, and that's what worries me the most.

The Force just need to pass a bit closer to the line and show a bit more patience instead of forcing the miracle ball. If they do that, then I worry about the Reds woeful defensive patterns and inability to mark up out wide.

I think we'll have their measure in the scrum, at least. :(

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This might be the first year I'd picked the Reds to lose this fixture. sigh
Funny, because this might be the first year I'd pick the Force to lose this fixture (as my earnings from bets on this fixture would attest)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I only saw little bits of the Force/Rebels game. What I saw showed a Force team that looked like they were trying it on a bit. Like they looked at last season and thought, you know what, we could do a few things differently and better. This is in obvious stark contrast with the Reds who spent the entire off season working on all of the things that haven't worked for them for the last 2 seasons.

If the Force show a bit of intent, then I can see them rolling us in this one.

For the Reds, we need to make a big statement this weekend. They boys need to show everyone that last week was the outlier. They need to turn Suncorp back into a fortress. They need to do many things, I just don't think they can without a mutiny first.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
The force did look like they were interested in playing rugby last week but their new found freedom to move the ball around has come at the expense of the breakdown. The rebels were clearly better there. not sure whether the force's dominance at the breakdown is a gimme. If godwin is doubtful foley would probably start grant at 12 and have two playmakers ala foley/beale combo at the tahs and can probably swap out brache for the new bloke masirewa.

Force just need more consistency with the new tactics. Cut out the unforced errors and avoid being isolated in contact and they can be a lot better.

No idea about the reds, last week seemed same old same old for mind. Good set piece and not much else. The reds have plenty of talent and not much of a clue and that is a low down dirty shame.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
The heat in Perth last weekend might have partially contributed to the skill error. Hopefully we can hold on to the pill and actually have some fun with the ball and get a few phases together. The Rebels were strong at the breakdown with a few decent fetchers among their ranks. Hodgson is one of the best out there at it, but will need the support of his tight five. Ben McCalman is missed at the breakdown, he is very important at securing the ball. But with Liam Gill missing the Force should have the edge at pilfering. Securing your own quick ball will be intersting but I think the Force pigs are a little more mobile than the Reds and should do well there.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The weather in QLD lately has been shocking. Hot and bloody humid so I wouldn't expect conditions more favourable to better handling sorry mate.

T

TOCC

Godwin is out for 6-8weeks, fortunately for the Force Foley recruited plenty of inside backs in the offseason.

Gunn likely to start for the Reds to combat Hodgsons presence, Karmichael to 13, Kerevi to 12 and Goromaru to 15.
Paia'aua, Magnay or Kuridrani to come onto the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Godwin is out for 6-8weeks, fortunately for the Force Foley recruited plenty of inside backs in the offseason.

Gunn likely to start for the Reds to combat Hodgsons presence, Karmichael to 13, Kerevi to 12 and Goromaru to 15.
Paia'aua, Magnay or Kuridrani to come onto the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those would be smarter selections than we have seen so far. Pity they didnt make use of the trials to build combinations.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Why would you put Samu at 12? At the current time his best position is 13, and Karmichael is probably better suited to do the 12 role that they seem to want than Taefu anyway. Karmichael at 12 with his communication/organizing skills and Ability to run hard lines may help to take a little pressure off Jake and Samu inside/outside him. Plus it means less of a reshuffle

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Why would you put Samu at 12? At the current time his best position is 13, and Karmichael is probably better suited to do the 12 role that they seem to want than Taefu anyway. Karmichael at 12 with his communication/organizing skills and Ability to run hard lines may help to take a little pressure off Jake and Samu inside/outside him. Plus it means less of a reshuffle

You do remember the whole Tapuai/A.Fainga'a swapsies thing RG did don't you? I think he's doing that again.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm looking forward to seeing what the teams deliver. I liked what I saw from the Force in the first half last week. Reds will want to get a win at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.