• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Hurricanes RD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I never feel comfortable playing these blokes. They always bring something extra for us. Let's hope this rain pisses off and the track dries out for Friday. This will be a tough one.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Andre Taylor and Julian Savea were poor last weekend. I expect they'll be a lot better this week.

If Conrad Smith is out though, the Hurricanes will struggle. He's so important to them.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Every game in this competition is huge. Reds need to keep improving and winning however - at least until we get the big guns of Horwill and Genia back - then there can be no excuses. Forwards went well but I was impressed that the backs stepped up as well and some line breaks were made
It is imperitive to win the Oz Conference to guarantee a finals berth and a bonus point, two or three may end up being the difference.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
The backs really let the Hurricanes down last week, like the forwards did for the Reds in Canberra. Expect them to lift their game.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I liked Emuarse's team above although there is probably an argument for giving Butler another run off the bench as he did pretty well in his little cameo last week I thought.

Reds need to step it up this week. Time for the Lucas-Cooper and Frisby-Cooper Combos to gel.
Is Samo definatly available? If he is then Butler should rightfully give way, but if Samo is not 100% I would not risk him, as you said Butler did some good things when he was on. Showed some pace in that break down the left, and made some good runs in the tight.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I really hope the reds build on some momentum from last weeks game (and that the Wallabies camp is not a significant factor for any of the franchises - Robbie Deans has a bad habit of turning good players bad anytime he gets his hands on them).

If Ant is fit, would he be more likely to start in order to build the foundation in defence and then replace him later with CFS once the game (hopefully) starts to open up? Anthony is still a very integral part of the team back line and I fear he seems to be forgotten a lot of the time.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Anthony is still a very integral part of the team back line and I fear he seems to be forgotten a lot of the time.

I agree - luckily for us, Link doesn't forget that and he's the only one that matters.

Reactions: BDA

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Reds team named: http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/NewsArticles/tabid/581/ArticleID/8473/Default.aspx

Harris to the bench, Toua starting at fullback. No A Fainga'a named either on bench or starting. Butler out with injury, Radike takes his place on the bench.

Presumably Cooper will take the place kicks? Lucas is a very handy kicker as well but Link seems to have been splitting the game time between him and Frisby so not sure if you'd give your kicking duties to him in those circumstances.

Happy to see Toua at fullback; I think he's much better there than at outside. Harris has looked like a bit of a plodder of late unfortunately

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Very strong bench. Agree that Harris has not been great but would have preferred Morahan to start for his experience.

Reactions: BDA

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Why the hell is AWH on the bench? I feel like Link just doesn't like the man.
I think Link wants someone who plays tight to start the game. AWH's best asset is his ability against a tiring lineout. He makes more sense to bring on late in the game.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Pretty excited about that team. Hope they can put it together. Sucks the game being on at 8:15pm. My 7yo loves coming but it being a Friday night and late, he'll be tired and be in a shitty mood if he comes.

Anyone fed cans of Mother to their kids? May that be an option?

T

tranquility

What's toua's general kicking in play like tranquility?

On the matter of AWH I don't think it is a matter of like and don't like. It's a matter of he wants ed for the opening exchanges and AWH to lock it ou at the end..similar to saia and hanson

He's left footed and has played plenty of 10, so it's definitely an educated boot without being massive.

I agree with your comments about EdO. He is the uncompromising lock we need at the start of games. God he has been an astute pickup, really plays the hard man role for us at the moment. Much better player for his stint in Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.