• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Hurricanes RD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hurricanes

1. Ben Franks,2. Dane Coles,3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen,4. Jeremy Thrush,5. Jason Eaton,6. Victor Vito,7. Karl Lowe,8. Brad Shields,9. TJ Perenara,10. Beauden Barrett,11. Julian Savea,12. Tim Bateman,13. Conrad Smith (c),14. Alapati Leiua,15. Andre Taylor

Replacements :16. Motu Matu’u ,17. Reggie Goodes,18. James Broadhurst,19. Faifili Levave,20. Chris Smylie,21. James Marshall,22. Reynold Lee-Lo

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
He's left footed and has played plenty of 10, so it's definitely an educated boot without being massive.

I agree with your comments about EdO. He is the uncompromising lock we need at the start of games. God he has been an astute pickup, really plays the hard man role for us at the moment. Much better player for his stint in Ireland.

At ulster he was a beast and a very reliable player.......Leinster took notice and like many players he made the mistake to head south to Dublin. Where suffice to say he was more than unliked by leinster fans.

However he has seemed to get his mojo back at wasps and now even more here.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Hurricanes

1. Ben Franks,2. Dane Coles,3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen,4. Jeremy Thrush,5. Jason Eaton,6. Victor Vito,7. Karl Lowe,8. Brad Shields,9. TJ Perenara,10. Beauden Barrett,11. Julian Savea,12. Tim Bateman,13. Conrad Smith (c),14. Alapati Leiua,15. Andre Taylor

Replacements :16. Motu Matu’u ,17. Reggie Goodes,18. James Broadhurst,19. Faifili Levave,20. Chris Smylie,21. James Marshall,22. Reynold Lee-Lo
I'm a bit nervous about the "9. TJ Perenara,10. Beauden Barrett" combination of halves.
Ben Lucas is going to need to be right on top of his game. And will Cooper stay at fly half in defense is the big question?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think this game will be very competitive. Barrett, Savea and Taylor were all pretty poor last week and I think they will bounce back with strong performances.

The Reds will need to score plenty of points because I think the Canes will put on a few tries this Friday night.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
As I was just updating the team lists, I noticed that the Reds kickoff at 8:20pm. A bit slow on the uptake I know, but it does mean that I will get 6 hours of uninterrupted rugby on Friday night, as the missus is away again!

So it would seem that I have stumbled across the real reason for daylight savings. It is so SANZAR can schedule 3 games on a Friday night without clashes! If there is a better argument for daylight savings, I am yet to hear it.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
"Friday night presents another opportunity for this group to step up and do what no other Reds team has done since 2007."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...rugby-years-20130226-2f4ew.html#ixzz2M5IJPR3C

Love it when Link talks like this, finds a way to put a challenge to the boys in a real succinct achievable way.

He really is a breath of fresh air compared to watching Robbie Deans coach the wallabies. His selections make sense and he doesn't talk in riddles.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He really is a breath of fresh air compared to watching Robbie Deans coach the wallabies. His selections make sense and he doesn't talk in riddles.

Well you'd think a few of them would still be pissed off from losing on the final play in Wellington 2 years when Cruden slotted it and gave Horwill a gob full.

Reds last 2 wins against the Hurricanes were 2001 and 2007, and given the standards the squad has set since Link turned up, that sort of record just isn't good enough.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I'm making trip down to this game. Is there a traditional meeting place for gagr followers before the game?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well you'd think a few of them would still be pissed off from losing on the final play in Wellington 2 years when Cruden slotted it and gave Horwill a gob full.

Reds last 2 wins against the Hurricanes were 2001 and 2007, and given the standards the squad has set since Link turned up, that sort of record just isn't good enough.

Did he really? I only remember the jump off his shoulders, can't remember any "gob full"

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
"Friday night presents another opportunity for this group to step up and do what no other Reds team has done since 2007."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...rugby-years-20130226-2f4ew.html#ixzz2M5IJPR3C

I can't stand it when coaches call the team a group !! FFS they are a team, I know that's what Deans call them to, reckon he got that off Mitchell, but I say rugby is a TEAM sport, not a bloody group sport!! Ok got that rant of my chest, I thinking this game could be bloody intersting tomorrow night, Reds loosies have been bloody good so far, playing like loosies should and really attacking breakdown, one of reasons I think forwards are better without Samo. Canes hopefully will actually catch the bloody ball so........
Looks to me like it a Reds/brumbies battle for Aus conference this year, though Tahs may not be as bad as they looked last week, with a game or 2 under their belt.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone know what the run on groups for tomorrow nights game are? I'm sorry Dan, I had to!

Although it is arguing about semantics (which is pretty trendy in my line of work), I do agree. Team is a much better term than group.

T

tranquility

If anyone hasn't seen it, this is a highlights package of Aidan from two years ago.

Reactions: BDA

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
^^I think this clip has been posted on G&GR about 17 times at different times and on different threads.....

Status
Not open for further replies.