• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Refs for rest of tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
(Most) refs are people and therefore never perfect. Also, the better you play, the less their performance matters. However, the display on Saturday in Hong Kong from Alan Lewis was a turd of such heinous proportions that it's not only floated a media stink, it's also prompted me to check out who the officials are for the rest of the tour.

To nip the accusations of "one eyed aussie" in the bud, here's the summary of Lewis' performance from a man who has equal hate for both Australia and New Zealand, Stephen Jones of the Times.

To nip the accusations of "one eyed aussie" in the bud, here's the summary of Lewis' performance from a man who has equal hate for both Australia and New Zealand, Stephen Jones of the Times.

It was disfigured to a large degree, however, by the endless resetting of collapsed scrums and also by a remarkable assault on Australia by referee Alan Lewis, who took nearly 70 minutes to penalise New Zealand's notorious play at the breakdown. That is a record which may never be beaten.

For all the good it may do I now read that John O'Neil has complained to IRB ref supremo Paddy O'Brien about just how crap the Irishman was. Our only hope here, as pointed out by Leg Break is that he's a serial "equalizer". The last time he'd reffed the ABs they ended up with 3 yellow cards. Maybe we're in for some love vs Wales.

I only know that because I hoofed out who'll be reffing the rest of the matches and stuck em below. Inspire any other causes for concern? By memory Brycie and Joubert weren't bad this year and most importantly aren't that little prick Kaplan. Steve, "look at me" Walsh for the pommy game though......

8 Nov - Italy v Australia, Padova
Referee: Bryce Lawrence
Touch judges: Craig Joubert, Marius Jonker

15 Nov - England v Australia, Twickenham
Referee: Steve Walsh
Touch judges: Bryce Lawrence, Tim Hayes

22 Nov - France v Australia, Paris
Referee: Craig Joubert
Touch judges: Chris White, David Changleng

29 Nov - Wales v Australia, Cardiff
Referee: Alan Lewis
Touch judges: Dave Pearson, Romain Poite

3 Dec - Barbarians v Australia, London
Referee: Chris White
Touch judges: Wayne Barnes, Stuart Terheege

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They're out to get us gagger. You'll note its only the thoughtful and indepth posts by we intelligent posters that are being censored.

Nothing by naza you'll note ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Right lads - I think I've found the problem. The issue appears to be with particular types of apostrophes, to whit, the one located at Gagger's article in Mr Jones' quote. I'll look for a cure, hmmm?

Attachments

• apos.JPG
    apos.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 216

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
NTA said:
(Most) refs are people and therefore never perfect. Also, the better you play, the less their performance matters. However, the display on Saturday in Hong Kong from Alan Lewis was a turd of such heinous proportions that it's not only floated a media stink, it's also prompted me to check out who the officials are for the rest of the tour.

It was disfigured to a large degree, however, by the endless resetting of collapsed scrums and also by a remarkable assault on Australia by referee Alan Lewis, who took nearly 70 minutes to penalise New Zealand's notorious play at the breakdown. That is a record which may never be beaten.

For all the good it may do I now read that John O'Neil has complained to IRB ref supremo Paddy O'Brien about just how crap the Irishman was. Our only hope here, as pointed out by Leg Break is that he's a serial "equalizer". The last time he'd reffed the ABs they ended up with 3 yellow cards. Maybe we're in for some love vs Wales.

I only know that because I hoofed out who'll be reffing the rest of the matches and stuck em below. Inspire any other causes for concern? By memory Brycie and Joubert weren't bad this year and most importantly aren't that little prick Kaplan. Steve, "look at me" Walsh for the pommy game though......
Walsh couldn't get the Welsh game - not enough hair product in Cardiff for him AND Gavin Henson.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Right, that's that....

I don't think I can fix your little apostrophe problem boys, but the solution is at hand:

Should you find one of your essays truncated, simply Modify the post, paste back in the content, and look for funny apostrophes.

There. Fixed.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Note also that when cyclo quoted you, he picked up my post. Hey that's weird...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bryce Lawrence is the Saffa, yeah? If so, he's not bad at all. It's the other Lawrence from NZ that's the stinker.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thanks Lindommer. So Bryce Lawrence is the stinker, my memory failed me. Ah well, guess we can accept that the reffing in the Italy game will be fairly poor. Shame Mark Lawrence wasn't selected; the touchies are both Saffas.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm doing this for the benefit of you and your fancy-pants apostrophes so take it easy, funny man...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I don't think it will matter how bad the rest of the refs are on this tour, there is no way any could be as biased as our little Irish friend was in Honkers.

If Paddy was fair, he would be dropping Mr Lewis immediately, just as any coach would drop a player that had such a poor performance (in fact the coach would surely be wondering if the said player had some money on the game.....?).

Status
Not open for further replies.