• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Richie McCaw Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
My first thought was "FFS". But upon reading and finding out it's a documentary, it is now relegated to "meh".

EDIT: Okay, so I watched the trailer. Seems to be in an artsy stylised biography style (probably some proper word for that). As such, it's now upgraded back to "FFS".

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
To be honest fellas, I don't think it aimed at you as an audience, and the care factor of you thinking FFS will probably not be high for the production team, and I don't mean that in a rude way, I know I will have a peek at it when it comes on screen! But I do most rugby things.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
NZRFU commissioned me to provide some subtitles for the foreigners.

NZRFU now owe me $50,000 bucks

creditcards1.gif

http://captiongenerator.com/73988/Richie-Mccaw-The-Movie-Trailer

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I cant work out if this should be compulsory viewing for all Australian rugby wannabes, would be's, has beens and never were's or whether there should be a national boycott on the grounds of how many victories over us we will have to rewatch in super slo mo.
"Pain is temporary, pride's permanent".

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Are we finally seeing the ego of Richie come out? Not many 'greatest' athlete's ever have their own movie out so soon after they retire nor do they 'star' in it?

With only finishing his career mere months ago why didn't they go down the Documentary route that ESPN routinely use for their 30 for 30?

Kudos for putting out a rugby movie, but I just don't see from the trailer how this is the best way to showcase who Richie is and what he achieved.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think this is a story that needs to be told and why not do it now?

I have always admired the way that Richie McCaw and Nelson Mandela came together to bring hope to a nation struggling with the political in-fighting of post-Apartheid South Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.