• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ridiculous Comments from the GAGR Front Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The comments on the front page of the website are often something special. There's a high population of regular commentors who don't set foot on the forums and some of their comments are often quite amazing... for all the wrong reasons.

I think capturing some of the most insane and ridiculous for posterity on the forum is worthwhile.

To protect the guilty, I propose not naming names.

Let's start!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wallabies named for England

"If we don't win and Foley doesn't hit 100% the Chieka needs to go."

"Secondly I do not believe Cooper deserved the Uraguay yellow, the AB yellow was deserved but he had very little choice. So I don't believe his discipline is the issue you make it out to be, more a pathetic stick for you to cling to."

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"We wuz robbed."

Bryce Lawrence lost us that game with 4 incorrect scrummaging penalties.

Apology was issued after that game, as we woz robbed.

I was there, Healy went down like a sack of potatoes and my mum was embarrassed by my profanities. A few days later when the apologies emerged I said, "i told you so".

And we were sitting on the top tier of Eden park. What a shite night that was. Majority of nz'ers that night were rabbid dogs. And the day after for that matter.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Better team loses..........

New Zealand II
Wallabies, in my opinion, look better than the All Blacks until our maul gets pulled down near the NZ goal line around the 30th minute, it doesn't get penalized, Hore scores a try directly off of that....game turns to shit from there which includes Quade's yellow trying to stop a try where 3 other guys missed tackles

T

TOCC

I get where you are going with this thread BH, but i think it risks turning into a rather pretentious and obnoxious forum of criticising other people opinions. Whether they are right or wrong, i think any discussion(as long as it isn't attacking a player) is healthy for the code.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I get where you are going with this thread BH, but i think it risks turning into a rather pretentious and obnoxious forum of criticising other people opinions. Whether they are right or wrong, i think any discussion(as long as it isn't attacking a player) is healthy for the code.

Agree - no publicity is bad publicity.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I absolutely know that is the risk and that is why I didn't attach any names to comments.

The posters I am referencing are unbelievably negative and often outright attacking towards specific players and now the coach because he has selected a player over their preferred player.

It is a moving feast of about half a dozen people who post the same repetitive drivel on most front page articles until eventually the moderators get sick of them and ban them from the site. The comments they post over and over again would see them gone within days if it was on the forum.

It is far more public for the site as a whole compared to the forum and is filled with relentless negativity.

The front page comments are incredibly adversarial compared to the forum and the majority of regular forum users barely contribute there.

I don't agree with the 'any publicity is good publicity' in this situation. All it is publicising is that the standard of comments on GAGR is poor and overtly negative. It's not like these comments are publicising the site or rugby anywhere else.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't read the comments on the front page articles generally. Not sure what duplicating negative and otherwise rubbish comments in here achieves.

Best advice is to just not read them.

Yes, they drag down the site, but the only way to deal with them is by vigorous moderation. Engaging them is exactly what they want. It's difficult when they are so damn infuriating (I used to read them religiously) but let it go and ignore them and you'll be better off for it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

They may have the right to an opinion, but doesn't mean I have to respect that opinion

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I tend to agree. It's not like you're having a go at them for confusing a TH prop from a LH prop. There are some comments that are so outrageous / unfair / hyperbolic that they are fair game to be lambasted.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wallabies named for England

"If we don't win and Foley doesn't hit 100% the Chieka needs to go."

"Secondly I do not believe Cooper deserved the Uraguay yellow, the AB yellow was deserved but he had very little choice. So I don't believe his discipline is the issue you make it out to be, more a pathetic stick for you to cling to."

Hahahaha I think this is my new favorite thread

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)

Your fairness and logic are not welcome here. Bring on the ridicule! Even if you're 100% right

Reactions: BDA

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Better to have them barking in the front yard than barking in the house.

A far better source of mentalism is the Roar front page.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Better to have them barking in the front yard than barking in the house.

A far better source of mentalism is the Roar front page.

Have to agree with that. Used to love Roar but it's IMO it's increasingly underwhelming . Which is a real pity for some of the posters, especially the RSA guys and some of the writers.

I'm happy to have migrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.