• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rising v Vikings, 25 September @ AaMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The Rising kick off round 6 of the NRC with a home fixture against the Vikings. Rising are coming off a win in against the Eagles and the Vikings a 37-all stalemate against the Stars. It appears the Rising overcame a few injures and look forward to regaining big Toby and Jonah for this weeks clash. I must admit I haven't been watching the Vikings, but they must be travelling well to be 4th on the ladder. This can be a tricky match with a short turnaround, but I think our form is looking good and I think the Rising will come home with the chocolates again.

The match is being televised, so arm your recorders and get down to the ground if you're in town.

Usual watering hole before the match if anyone is interested. I'm the ugly one in the corner singing into a Pint of Yak.

Rising match preview and injury report, as written by Adam and co, will come when the Rebels get off their arse and post it.

Rising by 10.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Should be a cracker. I'll be bringing a contingent of family, locals, blow-ins and lapsed rugby tragics.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Vikings have both hookers out so have had to go with a pair of rather inexperienced hookers in Connal McInerney and Michael Henry.

Robbie Coleman is also out as is Tim Cree.

1. JP Smith
2. Connal McInerney
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Tom Staniforth
5. Jordan Smiler
6. Jarrad Butler
7. Sean Doyle
8. Fotu Auelua
9. Michael Dowsett
10. Isaac Thompson
11. Lausii Taliauli
12. Rod Iona
13. Nigel Ah Wong
14. Jerome Niumata
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Michael Henry
17. Joel Penders
18. Les Makin
19. Rory Arnold
20. Rowan Perry
21. Joe Powell
22. Matt Hawke
23. Drew Southwell

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Vikings have both hookers out so have had to go with a pair of rather inexperienced hookers in Connal McInerney and Michael Henry.

Robbie Coleman is also out as is Tim Cree.

1. JP Smith
2. Connal McInerney
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Tom Staniforth
5. Jordan Smiler
6. Jarrad Butler
7. Sean Doyle
8. Fotu Auelua
9. Michael Dowsett
10. Isaac Thompson
11. Lausii Taliauli
12. Rod Iona
13. Nigel Ah Wong
14. Jerome Niumata
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Michael Henry
17. Joel Penders
18. Les Makin
19. Rory Arnold
20. Rowan Perry
21. Joe Powell
22. Matt Hawke
23. Drew Southwell

Two more Tuggeranong players, in the same position!

hhhmmmmmmmmmmm.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Toby Smith and Jonah Placid still out for a week with knee injuries, Sefa for 6 - 8 with a hand injury. I assume the team will be announced soon.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Two more Tuggeranong players, in the same position!

hhhmmmmmmmmmmm.

BLOODY TUGGERANONG BIAS!!!!

After losing 4/5 hookers to injury who don't play for Tuggeranong, and the Queanbeyan rake who declined the offer.............

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Sean McMahon is out with a minor hamstring strain. He is replaced by Sione Taufa with Reuben Rolleston on the bench. Luke Burgess is back on bench in place of Ben Meehan. Tom Sexton is starting and Pat is back to bench.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Any idea what Sefa did to his hand?

My person in the loop told me that Sefa has 'damaged' his thumb. They didn't say if it was a break or some other form of damage (ligament, nerve), but I'm concluding that the length of time he's out for tends to be a break. Guess the Rebels want to protect their new investment, therefore will give him maximum time off.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I've got a couple buddies coming along. Should be a good night, I'm thinking crowd won't get much above 2,000.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Looks like hegarty got injured at exactly the wrong time for his career, Debreczeni is killing it, as he has all comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.