• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Robbie Fruean finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
After discussion we have has in here at different times on whether Robbie Fruean would ever make the All Blacks, news came out today confirming why he would never do it. He is to have an operation to replace his heart valve. It's already been replaced once (in 2009), and I sure I read Doctors had told him when he wanted to get back into rugby, that he would only last 3-4 years. Sure makes you realise what he has been through to play game, and explains to everyone why he goes missing in games (apparently he loses breath badly) and why he never got chance for higher honours.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Humbling to hear of the challenges he faced to simply pull a jumper on.

On this side of the keyboard, we whinge about the variable download speeds we get.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Always a good player to watch.

Got to respect the guy for what he's gone through to play the game at S15 level. Sad to hear about it.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hopefully he is only finished for 2013. Stuff is reporting that he'll back in 2014 if all goes well.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/8860049/Fruean-to-have-heart-surgery-out-for-season

Head coach Todd Blackadder is fully behind Fruean.
"Robbie is a true inspiration to us all. He is positive about his upcoming surgery and is looking forward to getting his recovery underway. The Crusaders will miss his presence on the field plus all the laughter he brings to the team off the field.
However we are fully behind Robbie and our thoughts and prayers are with him.''I have no doubt that if the surgery goes well Robbie will be back next year and will be a force to be reckoned with. He is a fantastic rugby player. I know it's been frustrating for him over the last few months that his body has not been able to perform to level he would like it to.''

Status
Not open for further replies.