• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13!!!!!, Crusaders v Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The lightweight speedy Waratahs vs the big powerful Crusaders. Its just like back in the primary school playground and I expect the same result.

Number 39 coming up.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hmmmm....Rebs v Brums thread & this thread say round 12..........are both teams trying to pretend the previous round 12 never happened?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sounds like the side is:

1. Robertson
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Kepu
4. Hanigan
5. Simmons
6. Miller
7. Hooper (c)
8. Wells
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Naiyaravoro
12. Beale
13. Rona
14. Clark
15. Folau

16. Roach
17. Johnson-Holmes
18. Vui
19. Staniforth
20. Holloway
21. Gordon
22. Foketi
23. Hegarty
24. Toeava

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Your welcoming party has been named:

Crusaders: George Bridge, Seta Tamanivalu, Jack Goodhue, Tim Bateman, Manasa Mataele, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Jordan Taufua, Matt Todd, Pete Samu, Sam Whitelock (captain), Scott Barrett, Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, Wyatt Crockett, Donald Brighouse, Mitchell Dunshea, Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Mitchell Drummond, Mitchell Hunt, Braydon Ennor.

Crotty's absence is due to the requirement that every current AB be given two weeks off during the pre-June Super Rugby season (this being his second such week). Franks has been rested, clear they don't want to give him too much game time so soon after his return from injury.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Miller at 6. Again. Can anybody please explain the rationale for picking a player who plays 7 in clubland in a position where size matters????

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Miller at 6. Again. Can anybody please explain the rationale for picking a player who plays 7 in clubland in a position where size matters????

He's been one of our best forwards pretty much every week. I thought he was comfortably our best forward last week.

Our team has looked worse with Staniforth starting at lock instead of Miller starting at 6. Hanigan has comfortably been performing better at lock than Staniforth.

If only we could pick Isaia Toeava in the 22 jersey.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ since this is the early game in NZ & 'tahs v Bloos was the 7:30 game in Straya last week, does that mean it falls within the one-week penalty of the signature/ avatar bet? God I hope so, you may have been a litlle late getting into the naughty chair & you've certainly made up for it but could we have just a little more? Please?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
^^^^^^^ since this is the early game in NZ & 'tahs v Bloos was the 7:30 game in Straya last week, does that mean it falls within the one-week penalty of the signature/ avatar bet? God I hope so, you may have been a litlle late getting into the naughty chair & you've certainly made up for it but could we have just a little more? Please?

I didn't front up back to the forum until Monday so you've still got a few more days of my little buddy Isaia left.

Although I don't generally post much on weekends so we might have to rest before a final push on Monday morning.

Isaiah+Toeava+P8kRFvhZrkfm.jpg

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
He's been one of our best forwards pretty much every week. I thought he was comfortably our best forward last week.

Our team has looked worse with Staniforth starting at lock instead of Miller starting at 6. Hanigan has comfortably been performing better at lock than Staniforth.

If only we could pick Isaia Toeava in the 22 jersey.

The point to me is not whether Miller was the best of the eight, it is whether the eight might actually be more effective with a bigger 6.

Miller is a good little footballer, I accept that. He is smaller than Hooper. Something not quite right here.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We're fuct. I'll be running the flag at Renegades v Convicts this weekend, and it promises to be a closer, and more entertaining, game. It'll run roughly in line with the slaughter of the Tahs so I miss the lot. Sweet.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Miller deserves to be in the team and playing 6 out of our options. Warming the spot for Dempsey's return who obviously is more classical 6 (height wise). Miller will then revert to good bench option.....he has been good acquisition for the Tahs.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tahs paying $8.50 for the win according to the paper. The highest odds they have ever had in the history of the game.

Are they still leading the conference?

There has to be value in that. They are not that bad a side and any improvement on last week would put them in a contest they could win.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tahs paying $8.50 for the win according to the paper. The highest odds they have ever had in the history of the game.

Are they still leading the conference?

There has to be value in that. They are not that bad a side and any improvement on last week would put them in a contest they could win.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
I wonder what the odds were when the crusaders did us in by 90 odd points way back when.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
These games are often close for a bit, then the Kiwi's blow us away and we score a few consolation tries at the end. Score will be something like 42-27.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The point to me is not whether Miller was the best of the eight, it is whether the eight might actually be more effective with a bigger 6.

Miller is a good little footballer, I accept that. He is smaller than Hooper. Something not quite right here.

I covered that. We have picked a bigger 6 on multiple occasions (Hanigan) and in my opinion our pack has been worse because Staniforth is not performing well enough at lock. Hanigan is playing lock better than Staniforth and Miller is playing well at 6.

If we had other good 6 and lock options worth trying to leave Hanigan at 6 then maybe we should try it, but currently we don't.

Meanwhile, he's Isaia Toeava training in a paddock.

isaia-toeava-of-the-all-blacks-in-action-during-a-new-zealand-all-picture-id83583289

Status
Not open for further replies.