• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13: Force v Waratahs Saturday 5:35pm Perth time

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Loosehead Prop - Lewis Ponini (Eastern Suburbs)

2. Hooker - Jay Fonokalafi (Gordon)

3. Tighthead Prop - Enrique Peiretto (Glasgow Warriors)

4. Left Lock - Fergus Lee-Warner (Eastern Suburbs)

5. Right Lock - Miles Amatosero (Eastern Suburbs)

6. Left Flanker - Lachlan Swinton (Sydney University)

7. Right Flanker - Charlie Gamble (Eastern Suburbs)

8. Number 8 - Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)

9. Scrumhalf - Jake Gordon © (Sydney University)

10. Flyhalf - Will Harrison (Randwick)

11. Left Wing - Dylan Pietsch (Randwick)

12. Inside Centre - Lalakai Foketi (Manly)

13. Outside Centre - Joey Walton (Gordon)

14. Right Wing - Triston Reilly (Randwick)

15. Fullback - Mark Nawaqanitawase (Eastwood)

16. Reserve - Ben Sugars (Randwick)*

17. Reserve - George Thornton (Northern Suburbs)

18. Reserve - Brad Amituanai (Sydney University)

19. Reserve - Hugh Sinclair (Northern Suburbs)

20. Reserve - Langi Gleeson (Manly)

21. Reserve - Jack Grant (Eastern Suburbs)

22. Reserve - Tane Edmed (Eastwood)

23. Reserve - Izaia Perese (Randwick)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Langi Gleeson is also listed as an injured player out with a calf injury but that seems par for the course.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
FORCE (1-15): Harry Hoopert, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Williams (c), Izack Rodda, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Reed Prinsep, Nic White, Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Bayley Kuenzle, George Poolman, Kurtley Beale

RESERVES: Feleti Kaitu’u, Marley Pearce, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Lopeti Faifua, Michael Wells, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Sam Spink, Henry O’Donnell

Probably the strongest side the Force have named this year, particularly in the tight 5

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
If you took out Holloway and Gordon would there be more Waratahs caps on the Force team than the Waratahs team?

Playertahs caps
T Horton
26​
J Williams
17​
W Harris
41​
C Tizzano
18​
B Donaldson
40​
K Beale
138​
T Tauakipulu
4​
M Wells
44​
Total

I didn't do the full tah list but Swinton, Foketi, Gamble, Edmed, Nawaqanitawase, Perese and Sinclair gets it to 361 and past the Force for tahs caps. Not too many to add beyond that though, given you're excluding Gordon and Holloway.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
George fucking Thornton... how time flies.

It'll depend on the length of the loan contract (out till end of June for full super or till end of may and extendable?) but I can't imagine the Tahs would be paying much for Pierretto outside of wages, flights and accom. There would be (at least some level) of goodwill between the SRU and RA with Mosese being released early and I can't see some sort of loan or finders fee being in place. He is also out of contract with Glasgow as of July 1: very possible the Tahs are also getting a trial run in the event none of Talakai/Tupou/Pone become available for 25 onwards.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
That’s just not a strong a team
I dunno, Ponini and Fonokalafi have done their jobs reasonably well, and beyond the front row, the remainder of the starting XV are close to first-choice. No excuses for a poor performance really.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
George fucking Thornton... how time flies.

It'll depend on the length of the loan contract (out till end of June for full super or till end of may and extendable?) but I can't imagine the Tahs would be paying much for Pierretto outside of wages, flights and accom. There would be (at least some level) of goodwill between the SRU and RA with Mosese being released early and I can't see some sort of loan or finders fee being in place. He is also out of contract with Glasgow as of July 1: very possible the Tahs are also getting a trial run in the event none of Talakai/Tupou/Pone become available for 25 onwards.
The papers suggested the the Tahs were looking to sign him a while ago, but RA knocked it back

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
1. Loosehead Prop - Lewis Ponini (Eastern Suburbs)

2. Hooker - Jay Fonokalafi (Gordon)

3. Tighthead Prop - Enrique Peiretto (Glasgow Warriors)

4. Left Lock - Fergus Lee-Warner (Eastern Suburbs)

5. Right Lock - Miles Amatosero (Eastern Suburbs)

6. Left Flanker - Lachlan Swinton (Sydney University)

7. Right Flanker - Charlie Gamble (Eastern Suburbs)

8. Number 8 - Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)

9. Scrumhalf - Jake Gordon © (Sydney University)

10. Flyhalf - Will Harrison (Randwick)

11. Left Wing - Dylan Pietsch (Randwick)

12. Inside Centre - Lalakai Foketi (Manly)

13. Outside Centre - Joey Walton (Gordon)

14. Right Wing - Triston Reilly (Randwick)

15. Fullback - Mark Nawaqanitawase (Eastwood)

16. Reserve - Ben Sugars (Randwick)*

17. Reserve - George Thornton (Northern Suburbs)

18. Reserve - Brad Amituanai (Sydney University)

19. Reserve - Hugh Sinclair (Northern Suburbs)

20. Reserve - Langi Gleeson (Manly)

21. Reserve - Jack Grant (Eastern Suburbs)

22. Reserve - Tane Edmed (Eastwood)

23. Reserve - Izaia Perese (Randwick)
I would have liked to see Edmed at 10 with Harrison at 15 and Reilly dropped. I don't rate Reilly at all. He has all of Pietsch's downsides with none of the up.

Can complain about the tight 5 all day but if we actually finished a few of the chances we made against the Brumbies we could have come away with a win.