• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13 Lions Vs Waratahs

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Nice entry there from Lions 22, straight in the side. Hooper has every right to the ball and he only moves when Seconds lays hands on him.
Yeah that’s a whole different argument.
Real time the lions clean out was ok but hooper was unlucky
Thought he had the rights

S

Show-n-go

He’s motioning him to roll away with his hand... it happens all the time.

If he did that to a brumbies player you’d be on this site hands balled up, jumping up and down squealing about it to anyone and everyone who would listen

And would somehow still manage to blame the tahs for it just for good measure..........

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
He taps him on the shoulder. There is no force or clean out. Watch the replay. The Twitter gif presents an illusion. Hooper rolls away on his own accord with the help of the lions clean out.
If anything it probably saves a penalty as hoper wasn’t moving till the ref gave him the tap.

View attachment 10673

Nothing wrong with what he did. Nigel Owens does it often.

Seconds is pants, but not the reason the Tahs lost this game. They're just not a well drilled, organised team. That's the reason.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
If he did that to a brumbies player you’d be on this site hands balled up, jumping up and down squealing about it to anyone and everyone who would listen

And would somehow still manage to blame the tahs for it just for good measure....

Play the ball, not the man.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

And would somehow still manage to blame the tahs for it just for good measure....

Nice contribution..............

But as I’ve already stated - it happens all the time............ even to the Brumbies.

Nothing in it......... just a ref trying to communicate with the players who don’t always hear their calls, and keep the game flowing.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Well that incident and a couple of others are starting to appear in the mainstream media so it’s not just us with dicky eyesight.

S

Show-n-go

Nice contribution......

But as I’ve already stated - it happens all the time.... even to the Brumbies.

Nothing in it... just a ref trying to communicate with the players who don’t always hear their calls, and keep the game flowing.

Truth hurts sometimes

A referee should never ever intentionally touch a player, just as a player should never intentionally touch a ref

S

Show-n-go

I meant to quote you in the above post.

The first two are really weird

Horrible positioning by the ref and I’m not 100% sure that contact by the two players on the ref was entirely accidental

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The first two are really weird

Horrible positioning by the ref and I’m not 100% sure that contact by the two players on the ref was entirely accidental
In the case of the Lions one it looks like the player has the shits with him being in the way

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
In the case of the Lions one it looks like the player has the shits with him being in the way

Think it's the case with both.

The last scrum of the match, he blew nothing. The Tahs should have got a penalty.

Now I hate the Tahs as much as these Brumbies fans on hear, but seconds was dreadful and really is the reason the Lions have won the game.