• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 14 - Waratahs v Highlanders @ SFS - Saturday 19 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have a foot in both camps by supporting tahs and brumbies. Brumbies on life support currently. Fans are very light on. Bruce stadium is a ghost town.
I thought tahs looked excellent last night. They might give the finals a shake.
My decision to defect was driven by a particular personal factor. It was made easy by 40 years of crap NSWRU administration.
I am not embarrassed to carry the Brumbies logo, and they are in deeper long term trouble than even the Tahs, Reds or RA (IMO).
The malaise in Oz rugby can only be saved by a strong Reds/QRU and a strong Tahs/NSWRU: we have neither (or none, to the extent the entities are different).
My concern is that beating a NZ side will be seen as a turning point: it will only be that if the above mentioned entities and RA have their feet held to the fire.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Oh FFS.
This is what’s partly to blame for what everyone considered until last night was the abominable state of oz rugby.
This was a team of 14 men for, what, 55 minutes and 13 men for 65.
Now people ar3 saying it isn’t too late for this mob of would be’s in 2018.
This is why the steak needed to continue: so that people would stop kidding themselves.
Last night changes nothing except the streak: it was a well earned and well deserved streak and now, like everything else in this game in oz, it will be squandered on could be’s, would be’s and could a Beens.
Wake the fuck up people.
I'm awake but confused. 14 men for 63 minutes correct, but where does 13 men for 65 mins come from? I would have thought 13 men for 10 mins when we scored and pulled some petrol out of their tank. Win convincingly with some enterprising tries. 2 Should of wins turned losses followed by a bonus point win against Kiwi Reds pushed Canes all the way, we should of beaten the Saders, so not all doom and gloom. Maybe I am optimistic, but I'd rather be so than a wet blanket

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I've seen Ben Smith jump and catch the ball in a similar fashion. Maybe it has something to do with trying to move forward after they catch the ball?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'm awake but confused. 14 men for 63 minutes correct, but where does 13 men for 65 mins come from? I would have thought 13 men for 10 mins when we scored and pulled some petrol out of their tank. Win convincingly with some enterprising tries. 2 Should of wins turned losses followed by a bonus point win against Kiwi Reds pushed Canes all the way, we should of beaten the Saders, so not all doom and gloom. Maybe I am optimistic, but I'd rather be so than a wet blanket

Got to say I tend to agree Silverado, whilst I can see IS's point if I was an Aussies right now I would be enjoying the positives, also I don't really believe your teams are all that far off. Christ I have followed some pretty ordinary teams in my lifetime both here in Aus and home in NZ, and one of things I have learnt if I didn't pick the good moments and take them as positives to see where we COULD end up, I would of just found something else to follow!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Gotta be season-ending (I'd make it year-ending but I know that's not gunna happen).

Kicking an Opponent:

LE - 4 weeks
MR - 8 weeks
TE - 12+ weeks

A kick to the head shall result in a top end entry point sanction.

I think you're right. An early guilty plea and showing remorse is still likely to be 6 weeks minimum (12 weeks halved).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Nabura's hearing has been postponed at his request:

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...-committee-karate-kick-players-face-postponed

Gotta be season-ending (I'd make it year-ending but I know that's not gunna happen).
My inner conspiracy theorist gets tickled by that. 'Hey look here's some nobody we can throw the book at to make it look like we actually take this shit seriously when we clearly don't.'

Bit scape-goaty. Wasn't even that bad in the end.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
My inner conspiracy theorist gets tickled by that. 'Hey look here's some nobody we can throw the book at to make it look like we actually take this shit seriously when we clearly don't.'

Bit scape-goaty. Wasn't even that bad in the end.

If he was an all-black it would be entry level (low end)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This gave me a giggle from Hanson when talking about recent discipline issues:

"Both guys we're talking about have been out (injured) for a wee while and were probably a little rusty in their techniques.

Boxing technique is it?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Boxing technique is it?

Is he suggesting that Moody was hoping to hit Beale with his elbow but his rustiness meant he only connected with his forearm and likewise Franks was trying to hit with a fist and only connected with the forearm?

Status
Not open for further replies.