• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 15 - Chiefs vs Waratahs @ The Tron - Saturday 5:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Waratahs head across the ditch to battle the injury depleted Chiefs on their return from South Africa.

The Chiefs are in a ding-dong battle with the Highlanders to be the third ranked New Zealand side and can't afford a slip up. A poor end to the season could see the fourth New Zealand team missing the playoffs.

The Waratahs are 6 points clear of the Rebels in the Aussie conference but know that they can't afford to lose. The Rebels will be looking for 5 points from their game against the Sunwolves and with the two teams due to meet in Melbourne before the end of the season, the Rebels could still easily top the Aussie conference.

Expect few if any changes from the Tahs side that beat the Highlanders.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I reckon the Chiefs will run out off puff, so if we can keep the pressure on and take our opportunities when they arise in the first 60 minutes of the game we could run away with it in the last 20.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If the waratahs continue the last weeks form they win comfortably. By 10

But I have a feeling the inconsistency will be back and they get done by 15.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

Yep, destiny is in their own hands here. A win is not out of the question and put them at the pointy end, a loss will drag them back to the pack. If they play like last week I'm backing them in, but have been so inconsistent that I'll have all fingers and toes crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
looks like we have the finals standings already, with Tahs at third place they will place sixth placed - Chiefs - in the finals, so this game will be very interesting indeed as a trial game , let's say

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Tahs can still finish 2nd with a strong run home. Lions are only 5 points in front and have played two more games than the Tahs. Need a win here to keep that possibility live though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lions have Stormers (A), Sharks (A) and Bulls (H).

The Tahs have Chiefs (A), Reds (A), Rebels (A), Sunwolves (H) and Brumbies (H).

The Tahs need to catch up 5 points from those remaining games. I think if they beat the Chiefs they will be a really good chance to do that.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lions have Stormers (A), Sharks (A) and Bulls (H).

The Tahs have Chiefs (A), Reds (A), Rebels (A), Sunwolves (H) and Brumbies (H).

The Tahs need to catch up 5 points from those remaining games. I think if they beat the Chiefs they will be a really good chance to do that.
If we beat the chiefs we are a very decent chance of winning our last 5 games.

Edit: it's the hope that kills ya.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

I have a different feeling, they look to me as though they have turned a bit of a corner, when a player like Staniforth starts making metres, and Foley attacks at the right time (and kicks his goals) I am actually feeling a bit hopeful.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have a different feeling, they look to me as though they have turned a bit of a corner, when a player like Staniforth starts making metres, and Foley attacks at the right time (and kicks his goals) I am actually feeling a bit hopeful.
Staniforth made some good metres on weekend

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Beat me to it, I was going to say you know the Tahs are looking good when Staniforth starts busting tackles.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Although the Chiefs have lots of injuries and have travelled from SA, their four best players who are all in the AB's went home a week early, went to the AB training/meeting and will be fully rested and not jet-lag fatigued. That includes Lurch, who is the best lock in the competition by miles and who has been absolutely on fire. This week will not be a pushover and if we can bag this game away we will be doing very, very well, plus we will need a slice of luck to go our way. Refereeing will be critical. Another O'Keefe-like performance and we are done.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sam Cane isn't going to be fit enough to play Saturday night so probably Messam v Hooper. Adv 'tahs before we even start talking about the ~15 other injured Chiefs & the four who only got back from AB camp this arvo & will only have 2 x trainings before the captain's run.

Status
Not open for further replies.