• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 19 - Waratahs v Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Referee: Angus Gardner
AR1: Will Houston
AR2: James Leckie
TMO: George Ayoub

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Wow is that an all NSW officiating lineup. When are SANZAAR going to step in and appoint neutral referees?
Gardiner doesn't do Waratahs any favours when he refs them, sometimes I think he's hard in them. I'd rather him than a lot f Kiwi/SA referees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
No, Cyclo, the Waratah conspiracy knows no boundaries. Not only does it permeate 98% of this very forum and the entire RA/Wallaby coaching staff, it has spread through the officiating ranks as well.

God knows when the spread of this horrible pandemic will end.
Its a slow and subtle consumption of the game.

The RA re-branding; coincidence or pre-planning? Either way it fits; WaRAtahs :eek: ;) Right in the heart and centre of the WaRAtahs. :p

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Waratahs to break these wild horses in and show them who's boss. Break their spirits pre-game with Instagrams of a liveable city and then utterly crush them before you can even say "rolling maul"/

Nic Mayhew? Kyle Godwin? Blake Enever? Sam Carter? Henry Speight? Andrew Muirhead? Need I go on?

Taqele weighs more than that entire backline combined.

I've been more scared of hungover breakfasts.

Tahs by 30+. Rugbys coming home.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Waratahs to break these wild horses in and show them who's boss. Break their spirits pre-game with Instagrams of a liveable city and then utterly crush them before you can even say "rolling maul"/

Nic Mayhew? Kyle Godwin? Blake Enever? Sam Carter? Henry Speight? Andrew Muirhead? Need I go on?

Taqele weighs more than that entire backline combined.

I've been more scared of hungover breakfasts.

Tahs by 30+. Rugbys coming home.

Nah Michael. The shock inclusion of Nick Mayhew at No 10 and Blake Enever in the centres will see the Brumbies stampede to a massive win.

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Its a slow and subtle consumption of the game.

The RA re-branding; coincidence or pre-planning? Either way it fits; WaRAtahs :eek: ;) Right in the heart and centre of the WaRAtahs. :p

So the board put the RA back in the waRAtahs. Like my management likes to put the FUN back in disFUNctional.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Rory and Richie Arnold could be the starting locks for the Brumbies
a6c9d0619a09512781e5095753c309f1.jpg

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scary prospect. So Enever at 6 or on the bench?

An injury to Tom Cusack and the fact Carter has played just 40 minutes in the past six weeks will force the Brumbies into a reshuffle to allow the Arnold twins to start in the second row and Blake Enever to shift to blindside flanker ......... Former Waratah Lachlan McCaffrey is also in back-row selection contention after recovering from a back injury and is set to compete with Enever for the No. 6 jersey.

Scott Sio is in contention to make his comeback from a shoulder injury and co-captain Sam Carter has overcome a back problem to add depth and power to the Brumbies' pack.
Source: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...d-richie-arnold-to-start-20180711-p4zqr2.html

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What are some of the Tahs' supporters' thoughts on the prospect of facing the Arnold twins together?

From my perspective, Rory has been one of the standout locks in the whole Super competition this year, and Richie isn't far behind him in work ethic and skills. Their physicality is up there with the very best. It will be a real test for Jed Holloway in his somewhat new position for the Tahs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What are some of the Tahs' supporters' thoughts on the prospect of facing the Arnold twins together?

From my perspective, Rory has been one of the standout locks in the whole Super competition this year, and Richie isn't far behind him in work ethic and skills. Their physicality is up there with the very best. It will be a real test for Jed Holloway in his somewhat new position for the Tahs.

terrified

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I'm not worried at all about that.

Of course there's a chance the Waratahs don't perform or the Brumbies play out of their skins but I don't think any particular Brumbies' selections are going to lead to domination.

I do think the Brumbies will have to play their best game of the season to win.

The Waratahs were a little patchy early last week but then were very sharp for the last hour against the Sunwolves. Skills execution was very good.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

Scott SIO
Folau FAINGA’A
Allan Ala'alatoa
Rory ARNOLD
Richie ARNOLD
Blake ENEVER
David POCOCK
Isi NAISARANI
Joe POWELL
Christian LEALIIFANO
Andrew MUIRHEAD
Kyle GODWIN
Tevita KURIDRANI
Henry SPEIGHT
Tom BANKS

REPLACEMENTS

Connal MCINERNEY
Nic MAYHEW
Leslie LEULUAIALII-MAKIN
Sam CARTER
Lachlan MCCAFFREY
Matt LUCAS
Wharenui HAWERA
Lausii TALIAULI

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Brumbies have gone big with Enever starting at 6.

Will be interesting to see how they match up against a lighter, more mobile Waratahs pack.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm surprised that Mayhew has been benched and that Powell still starts, but this is the team to win by 30 in Sydney!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Waratahs unchanged.

1. Robertson
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Kepu
4. Holloway
5. Simmons
6. Hanigan
7. Miller
8. Wells
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Naiyaravoro
12. Beale
13. Rona
14. Clark
15. Folau

16. Latu 17. Johnson-Holmes 18. Ryan 19. Staniforth 20. Wilkin 21. Gordon 22. Newsome 23. Hegarty

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'm not worried at all about that.

Of course there's a chance the Waratahs don't perform or the Brumbies play out of their skins but I don't think any particular Brumbies' selections are going to lead to domination.

I do think the Brumbies will have to play their best game of the season to win.

The Waratahs were a little patchy early last week but then were very sharp for the last hour against the Sunwolves. Skills execution was very good.

BH I don't expect the Brumbies to get a bonus point win over the Tahs and realistically they are probably not favoured to come away with a win. But on recent form, I would argue the Brumbies have been playing better rugby than the Tahs in their games against the Canes and Chiefs compared with the Tahs' outings against the Rebels and the Sunwolves, at least while they had 15 players on deck. It remains to be seen if they can reproduce that good recent form against the old enemy.

On the match itself, I really do expect the scrum to be one area the Brumbies will dominate. Lineouts should be about even, though the difference one way or the other will not be as crucial to the outcome of games now it might have been in the past, in my opinion. The unknown is whether the power and strength of the Brumbies forward play will match or get the better of the up tempo, wider play by the Tahs lighter pack.

I do expect that Naiyaravoro and Folau will score a few tries between them, so I can't see the Brumbies scoring sufficient numbers to cement the win let alone a bonus point. Anyway, will be a game of contrasts, so hopefully will be a spectacle worth watching.

BTW, Will Miller is fitting into the Tah's game style like a hand in a glove. He is very strong over the ball, winning turnover after turnover, and probably links in attacking play better than Michael Hooper does. Why would you want Hoops back?

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
I think this is going to be a test match quality game. Tah's fans are going to see how good Folau Fainga'a is.

Status
Not open for further replies.