• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 19 - Waratahs v Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
BTW, Will Miller is fitting into the Tah's game style like a hand in a glove. He is very strong over the ball, winning turnover after turnover, and probably links in attacking play better than Michael Hooper does. Why would you want Hoops back?

Because our team is better with both of them in it.

They are both clearly in our best XV this season.

Playing small and fast suits our style.

Hooper has more pilfers/forced penalties for the season than Miller.

There's no doubt that Miller has been fantastic but so to is Hooper.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
There's no doubt that Miller has been fantastic but so to is Hooper.

Undoubtedly. If you rate Both Miller and Hooper in the best XV, then who misses out when Hooper returns? Hanigan or Wells?

It would be an opportunity to play Miller at 7 and Hooper at 8 in a position more suited to his abilities, but I don't have any illusions it will be tried.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hangian would go back to lock and Holloway would drop to the bench in my view.

I'm unsure why anyone still thinks Hooper doesn't play like a 7. He has consistently been near the top of every stat metric 7s get judged on over the last few years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Does Miller stay in the backrow if/when Dempsey returns? Holloway out and Hanigan into the second row, no way. Leave Jed where he is to get better at rumbling the ball up, he's only just starting.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Does Miller stay in the backrow if/when Dempsey returns? Holloway out and Hanigan into the second row, no way. Leave Jed where he is to get better at rumbling the ball up, he's only just starting.

That's possibly a discussion for next season. Dempsey is taking a disturbingly long time to heal.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That's possibly a discussion for next season. Dempsey is taking a disturbingly long time to heal.
I saw him walking around unaided etc at a pre-season subbies match. Though i dont know how much that means.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I saw him walking around unaided etc at a pre-season subbies match. Though i dont know how much that means.

Walking and running are very different things with a hamstring.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dempsey has started training again. I think we may see him during the NRC.

Certainly won't be in the mix for Super Rugby this season no matter how far the Waratahs go.

Holloway has been great in the last couple of games at lock but I think he is very likely to be the forward who moves to the bench when Hooper returns (assuming as well that he plays Super Rugby again in 2018).

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
I think it will take Dempsey ages to get back to where he was. He had a good 3 months before he got injured but for a while there (before that )he wasn't that great. That's a mean injury he copped.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Damn a whole year out all from a friendly fixture against the Barbarians, tough sport.

Funny thing was he was just about the only incumbent starting Wallaby in that side. It's almost as if he was sacrificed to ratify Cheika's decision (at the parrot's disgust!) to not risk everyone else.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think it will take Dempsey ages to get back to where he was. He had a good 3 months before he got injured but for a while there (before that )he wasn't that great. That's a mean injury he copped.
For a while before that 3 month period he had another long term injury.

I doubt he'll come back as strong regardless. Here's hoping though.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
For a while before that 3 month period he had another long term injury.

I doubt he'll come back as strong regardless. Here's hoping though.
I don't see why he wouldn't, Pocock has a centimeter diameter fillets of hamstring taken off each on his legs and he doesn't look like he's slowed down at all. Dempsey will have all his muscle there, it just takes a long time to get conditioned after the atrophy caused by waiting for the insertion points to take hold. If there is any question about his recovery he should wait, it would be catastrophic if he ended up on the receiving end of the clear out Hooper copped.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Going to be a cracker of a match hopefully crack 20 k attendance..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Brumbies now can’t make finals given rebels got losing bonus point against highlanders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Banks in the start.. Brumbies in again 12 - 3 kick to come

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Another one Brumbies giving the Tahs a pasting at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.