• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 19 - Waratahs v Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Season fizzling out with Gibsons 'lightweight mobile pack' getting over the gain line 0 times in 80 minutes eh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lets send more fluffybunnys off woooooo cards cards cards. Zero people in the stand even watching.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stainforth yellow card - sums up the night for the tahs - opportunity for home semi and they screw it up - but brumbies take a lot of credit for that for best game they have played this season - pity they left it for the last game of the season!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Taqele demonstrating why he'll never be a test rugby playet

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Well clear hands in the ruck missed by Gardner leading to that turnover and subsequent try should even things up for you BR.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well it was at least a pretty good display of Rugby

It was a bloody good game of rugby, I thoroughly enjoyed it as a neutral who didn't care who won!!

Can I add to all the naysayers, I would say that all the reports of the death of Aus super rugby teams may have been a little premature!! Both teams actually played well, and how good was Pocock? Shit he got a big motor!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Brumbies very good tonight. Tahs fought on at least, but mentally bereft if they could not find motivation to go hard tonight - you know, lock in 2nd spot, get momentum going into finals. It beggars belief, really. Depending on gains and losses in the off season, Brumbies will be pretty good next year I think. Amazing how they have unlocked their attack after keeping it in the cupboard for a few seasons. Good signs for them.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies very good tonight. Tahs fought on at least, but mentally bereft if they could not find motivation to go hard tonight - you know, lock in 2nd spot, get momentum going into finals. It beggars belief, really. Depending on gains and losses in the off season, Brumbies will be pretty good next year I think. Amazing how they have unlocked their attack after keeping it in the cupboard for a few seasons. Good signs for them.
Yeah last 5 - 6 games have been good, Godwin going to be missed next year he started the year pretty poor but has come along nicely put away his shit grubber and running straight and hard.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It was a bloody good game of rugby, I thoroughly enjoyed it as a neutral who didn't care who won!!

Can I add to all the naysayers, I would say that all the reports of the death of Aus super rugby teams may have been a little premature!! Both teams actually played well, and how good was Pocock? Shit he got a big motor!
Yeh something happening with oz rugby as man good game for what brumbies offered - but is super rugby in current form best for this to progress beyond this - no fucking way! Find a better solution pls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It was a very good game, both sides gave it their all. The thing that is startlingly clear is that the Tahs are extremely dangerous down their left flank with Folau and Naiyaravoro both hard to stop. They didn't threaten the line in many other places though.

Think the Brumbies made some strategic errors in the last 10 minutes or so. Should have set a scrum after Staniforth was carded instead of the next two lineouts. And When Fainga'a won a turnover penalty near half way with only minutes remaining, it was time to take things slowly and deliberately, peel off territory and set a lineout near the 20m line, not the quick tap by Muirhead which resulted in Will Miller's try.

MOTM, Pocock I think, but there were many Brumbies who put their hands up tonight.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah last 5 - 6 games have been good, Godwin going to be missed next year he started the year pretty poor but has come along nicely put away his shit grubber and running straight and hard.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah and that left foot step that he was known for in his first year at the Force finally started working again. Man I wish the Brumbies had managed to knock over the Jaugares in Canberra they'd have been a real darkhorse in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.