• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 - Rebels v Highlanders - Fri 1st of March@7:45pm - AAMI Park

Who's excited for a home game? I missed AAMI park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
In what should have been a rout the Rebels made life really difficult for themselves with just sloppy handling. Koribete and Jones need to be given it for their poor hands among others. Ridiculous.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Given the Highlanders were resting their All Blacks i expected that game to swing more in favour of the Rebels, Rebels were a little uninspiring in that regard, too many forced passes, dropped balls and poor kicks invited the Highlanders back into the game.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Well dropped ball and not being clinical enough are all things that will improve as the season progresses. Always going to take a win against a side that was two from two.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Am I right in saying by early 3rd round 2019, Australian Super Rugby teams have more wins v NZ opposition than the entirety of 2017 and 2018 combined?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Good keen game.
Hammington/Gatland combo fucked the Landers good and hard. They were the opposite of fluid in all facets of the game. Can Hammington even pass off his fucken left hand? Laborious and sad. Quade and Genia ownd them. Quade was wayy better than I was expecting. Less flakey decisions than I remember from the 2012-2017 vintage. Makes Brad Thorn look a bit childish really.
lol@ the landers bench guy in Akira's AB jersey who dropped the bride at the threshold and lost them the game at the death. #justice4akira

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Rebs played what was in front of them and prevailed. Despite the mistakes, lack of ABs etc, that's a positive and a good foundation to work from. They seemed to have a solid game plan and stuck to it. All good. Consistency now should be there focus and the polish will be applied as they grow in confidence. One foot in front of the other for now. They seem a well balanced team and solidly coached. Good work Rebels

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The Rebs played what was in front of them and prevailed. Despite the mistakes, lack of ABs etc, that's a positive and a good foundation to work from. They seemed to have a solid game plan and stuck to it. All good. Consistency now should be there focus and the polish will be applied as they grow in confidence. One foot in front of the other for now. They seem a well balanced team and solidly coached. Good work Rebels

If not for the handling errors the Rebels would have shredded the Landers in the first 60 mins of the game.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well I just got back from the game. We won, we bloody won! And we won with some stylish tries. Felt like a much more dominant performance than the scoreline shows.

I thought we were buggered for sure at the end but somehow defended it. Good to hear that there were 11k people at the game on a stinking hot night. The CEO was expecting 10k so that was nice. A win will surely bring more for next week's 2nd brumbies (already) match.

Good game, good beer, good win, very happy.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good keen game.

Hammington/Gatland combo fucked the Landers good and hard. They were the opposite of fluid in all facets of the game. Can Hammington even pass off his fucken left hand? Laborious and sad. Quade and Genia ownd them. Quade was wayy better than I was expecting. Less flakey decisions than I remember from the 2012-2017 vintage. Makes Brad Thorn look a bit childish really.

lol@ the landers bench guy in Akira's AB jersey who dropped the bride at the threshold and lost them the game at the death. #justice4akira

Lol come on Dismal, Akira wouldn't of been there to get the ball, it came from a ruck, you know those things Akira tries to avoid;). (shit mate apologies, you an Auckland/Pitcairn man you don't know about rucks and mauls, and loosies being involved in them)
I do have to say after the first 3 games it getting to the stage where most will be really getting impressed with Frizzell, f*** me he his playing well! I really thought the highlanders would maybe drop off after halftime , but there young forwards kept going. I know we all notice the 2 Smith boys not being there, but I thought Flukey Luke, Coltman and Tyrell Lomax were really big losses, and I can maybe understand reasoning as they got 3 derbies coming up, so it not just AB rests that need to be considered.
Other thing I like , as a Kiwi, I do enjoy the fact that Aussie teams are winning games like this that they should, it is making comp more enjoyable to me.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It might have been my tinted glasses from the stands but it looked like our scrum had definite ascendancy. Can tv watchers confirm?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
9.Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper

I look I see above and get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I guess I should stop living in the past. But the anticipation is heightened at the prospect of seeing class past or present.

Would be interesting if the Rebels are Queenslanders second favorite team.

I dont know if I am biased but I am starting to think there are a lot of incumbent Wallabies that should be concerned for their spot if selections were based on form and not their past performances.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Good keen game.

He also did a fair bit in defence too, held up players for a maul a couple of time too.