• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4 - Festival of Hate - Qld v NSW

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Correct.

Any backrower that allows himself to be bullied off a ruck by a winger should be yellow carded.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is lucky it wasn't Foley that shoved him, then he'd be in danger of getting a red.

(in all seriousness: Folau made no contact with ASY (Angus Scott-Young)'s head and those cleanouts happen all the time in every match).

That's what I'm thinking. You see at least half a dozen similar situations in every game these days.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep, send me your details and you will have 15 minutes with the players as ‘media’ on Tuesday before they fly out to Japan, you will have your opportunity to tell guys like Izack, Lukhan and Samu Kerevi they have no passion and how they haven’t been doing extras.

Couldn’t care less how long you’ve been a member of a website or how many likes and friends you have, disappointing behaviour is dissapointing behaviour. You’re comments are contrary to the reality and it’s pretty disaapoting to see so called ‘fans’ have a dig at all the players in a team claiming they have no passion. Guys like you are the reason players like Lukhan Salakai-Loto miss spring tours and families don’t want to take their kids to sport anymore .

how will you manage that? You're not part of the Reds media team.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, send me your details and you will have 15 minutes with the players as ‘media’ on Tuesday before they fly out to Japan, you will have your opportunity to tell guys like Izack, Lukhan and Samu Kerevi they have no passion and how they haven’t been doing extras.

Couldn’t care less how long you’ve been a member of a website or how many likes and friends you have, disappointing behaviour is dissapointing behaviour. You’re comments are contrary to the reality and it’s pretty disaapoting to see so called ‘fans’ have a dig at all the players in a team claiming they have no passion. Guys like you are the reason players like Lukhan Salakai-Loto miss spring tours and families don’t want to take their kids to sport anymore .

1. rule 6. Play the ball not the man / No personal abuse of forum members,

2. Read my post again. I have not stated that I think the players have no passion. I've said that long suffering fans are entitled to make a comment about passion.

3. I also said I doubt this would be seen by anyone as a positive and your suggestion that clipping the guys on the way out from the airport is right up there with the Salakai-Loto incident.

4. Gel has been a valued contributor. Deserves better than your personal abuse. This statement remains.

Nice straw man 84.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
reference below, so this is the input of a ‘valued contributor’?
There is plenty of passion from individuals in this Reds team, claiming they don’t give a shit about the team is utter crap especially when you have guys like Izack Rodda pulling on the jersey out of respect days after his father passed. It’s really dissapointing behaviour in my opinion to sit back and make those comments.

Fuck these reds guys.

They couldn't give a fucking shit about play g for their state.

Fucking glad I haven't given them a single dime this year. I hope they go broke and are removed from the competition.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Guys, no point going round in circles here. People are entitled to air their opinions as long as it doesn't get too personal.

Nothing on this thread has been inflammatory or offensive.

Let's stick to discussing the game, not arranging meetings with players at the airport.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It was a funny sort of game, where the Reds should have been a lot closer than they were. They just lacked a bit of composure and ball control, and I dare say needed a 9/10 who could dictate the direction of the game a little better.

Tupou looked like an 18 year old playing in the under 15s, but I don't think he's being used effectively. Kerevi was the same, but I wonder at 13 if he's a bit too far from the action.

You get the feeling the Tahs are still in third gear. They did enough to win the game, but they still have these 5-10 minute periods where they just seem to be phoning it in.

Hanigan and Johnson-Holmes were the standouts for me, along with Hooper. Ned's lineout work has improved along with his physicality. I think a few more people may join the bandwagon if he keeps that form up.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hegarty's goal kicking was poor but I feel like the Reds need to try and accumulate points better. Their execution isn't good enough to keep pressuring for tries and perhaps they'd have been in a better position to win that game if they'd opted to take the three more often.

Tahs are pretty lucky to have 2 wins out of 3 but likewise they could have easily won all three. They're definitely coasting at the moment and need to improve a lot but they're in a good position so far.

The next two weeks away in Canberra and at home against the Crusaders will be critical.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Not that amazing BH. It looks to me that he leads with the shoulder as it is the first point of contact with ASY (Angus Scott-Young) regardless of where his arms end up and contact is made with the top of his chest and his face, not sure what makes contact first. I've seen red cards and lengthy suspensions dished out for far less. I've also seen far worse let go with seemingly no second look. What constitutes foul play around these types of incidents is far from an exact science. Hardly surprising that some folk think it's bad and others are fine with it.

I'd be happy for it to be cited and I think it should be as in my viewing it meets the RC threshold or close enough to to warrant a judiciary having a closer look at all available angles. I doubt it will be though, the opportunity for it being cited may have already passed.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
For real? To me it's totally innocuous. He clearly wraps his right arm around ASY (Angus Scott-Young)'s chest, and I can't see any contact to the head.

I reckon I could find 10 worse cleanouts within the first five minutes of the game.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah for real. He definitely wraps his arm, for sure. At the point of contact though the arm is down and away, i.e. he leads with the shoulder. I also see contact with the head, I'm not sure how you can say with certainty that there isn't.

I agree you'd be able to find worse cleanouts but that has nothing to do with whether this one is ok or not.

It matters not but. Happy to agree to disagree. The officials either didn't see it, or saw it and were happy with it and that's all that really matters. I just think that these sorts of shots are pretty shit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's the point of contact. I think that is well and truly wrapping your arms.

You're still allowed to tackle/clean out with your shoulder making the brunt of the impact. It's what you're meant to do. That isn't a shoulder charge or a no arms clean out.

I think it is inconclusive whether there is any contact with ASY (Angus Scott-Young)'s head/face whatsoever.

Attachments

• Folau ASY (Angus Scott-Young).jpg
    Folau ASY (Angus Scott-Young).jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 410