• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Brumbies v Highlanders, Sat 25 March, 7:45pm AEDT - GIO Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Brumbies have ruled Josh Mann-Rea out with a knee injury but not sure of the severity of the injury.

The Clan are expecting Fletcher Smith and Fekitoa back after concussion last week. Patrick Osborne should also be back in the backline.

The weather is looking rubbish for the rest of the week so hopefully it's not like that game last year and more like last week.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Great tge Brumbies confidence is high... To Beat the Clan will require a good coaching strategy and absolute disciplined play... Will be a tough one... Would be great to have Saia back if possible to come on off the bench

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Referee: Marius van der Westhuizen (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Angus Gardner (Australia), James Leckie (Australia)
TMO: Ian Smith (Australia)

Highlanders: 15 Ben Smith (c), 14 Patelesio Tomkinson, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Richard Buckman, 11 Patrick Osborne, 10 Fletcher Smith, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Luke Whitelock, 7 Dillon Hunt, 6 Elliot Dixon, 5 Tom Franklin, 4 Alex Ainley, 3 Siate Tokolahi, 2 Liam Coltman, 1 Daniel Lienert-Brown
Replacements: 16 Greg Pleasants-Tate, 17 Aki Seiuli, 18 Siosuia Halanukonuka, 19 Joe Wheeler, 20 Gareth Evans, 21 Kayne Hammington, 22 Marty Banks, 23 Matt Faddes

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
C7kI07VU8AAZJ3s.jpg:large

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I like the fact that we can rotate locks with minimal fuss........

Enever is potentially our best lineout lock, although he won't offer as much in attack as Arnold.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Slim, I'd rate Tom Staniforth as our best lineout operator, for his expertise on both our throw and the opposition's throw. Seems to put a lot of pressure on opposition throw and wins a few turn overs.

However, they certainly a choice of high performing locks at their disposal.

Two changes to the front row, but it will still be strong. Mayhew coming in allows Ben A to revert to the TH side off the bench. Alexander's performances to date and his versatility must be coming under scrutiny again at the Wallaby level.

Possibly the bench front row is just as strong, or maybe a little stronger?

A 6/2 split on the bench indicates the style of game they are expecting.

Nigel Ah Wong is unlucky to miss out this week after a good effort last week.

Jordan Smiler is making the most of his opportunity at No 8.

This is a good squad and will give a good account of themselves, but the Highlanders will be a tough nut to crack.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Great to see the Saia joining the team this week...
And pleased the Fainga'a boys are back with the Brumbies...

Great to see Sio back first game of 2017... big one could be an very important win if they can get it...

Great to see Alcock back and the rotation policy is working well too...

Just GREAT GREAT GREAT news...

GO GET'EM BRUMBIES...

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great tge Brumbies confidence is high. To Beat the Clan will require a good coaching strategy and absolute disciplined play. Will be a tough one. Would be great to have Saia back if possible to come on off the bench
Brumbies have been one of best coached sides in oz conference for a long time. I don't think enough credit is given to stephen and his coaching staff

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Brumbies have been one of best coached sides in oz conference for a long time. I don't think enough credit is given to stephen and his coaching staff

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
And those before them, with a few exceptions. Brumbies consistently make the right calls on long term talent identification and get the best out of overlooked players recruited from their north.

N

NTT

Lets go brumbies!

We can't let the powder puff blue mob be the only Aussie team to win this weekend!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I do love a good stat but FFS Clarke shits me when he unloads them 100 at a time & like he's got less than two minutes to get them all out..............

Status
Not open for further replies.