• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5, Sunwolves v Reds, 16/3 @ Tokyo

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Maybe we made hard work of it, but its nice to clock up a win considering it was 21-5 at half time. Much improved attacking performance in the 2nd half. Something to build on. Gutsy performance.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Relieving result, but whole swathes of that match were utterly dire for the reds.

Strong 30minutes or so in that second half from the reds.

Build on that please.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I think I like second half Reds better than first half Reds. Hope second half Reds shows up to Lang Park next weekend.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I enjoyed that game - Sunwolves for first half - Reds for there better game second half. Persist with Lucas at 10 and Stewart at 15 I reckon.....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pity Tuttle suffered that Achilles major injury.....as I would be starting with McDermott and having Tuttle on the bench as Sorovi really needs time away from match day 23 on recent games.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Pity Tuttle suffered that Achilles major injury...as I would be starting with McDermott and having Tuttle on the bench as Sorovi really needs time away from match day 23 on recent games.

Sorovi also had a really cracking game against the Highlanders

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think the combo of Lucas at 10 and Stewart at 15 worked well..
I think Feauia Sautia had a great game besides that screw up off the kick-off..

I still struggle to see how Paia'aua fits in this team, I would like this backline for next week:

9. McDermott
10. Lucas
11. Daugunu
12. Kerevi
13. CFS
14. Naiavalu
15. Stewart

21. Sorovi
22. Paia'aua
23. Hardy

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If they want tacklers to quickly release the players, then they need to sort out this business of the player then getting up and going again

It is sorted, whether the refs always police it correctly is another point.