• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Shorks v Rebels - Saturday 24 March @ Kings Park Stadium

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
As we dust ourselves off from the Lions loss, time to reshape for the Shorks.

Yes we belted them at home last year, but playing in SA is a completely different story.

Last time, both teams played out a 9-all draw, with a Reece Hodge boomer dealing the draw.

What's gonna happen this week?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So, from what I've seen on social media:
  • Harrison Goddard and Hugh roach are fling to SA. Suggest that Genia is having a rest. Perhaps Abel/Rangi too?
  • Adam Coleman is on his way home. Don't think he's injured, so like Genia is probably Wallaby rest week.
Any other early team observations?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
  • Harrison Goddard and Hugh roach are fling to SA. Suggest that Genia is having a rest. Perhaps Abel/Rangi too?
  • Adam Coleman is on his way home. Don't think he's injured, so like Genia is probably Wallaby rest week.
Yikes. This will be the test to see how much the Rebels rely on Genia. Here's hoping we're not a one man show, but I have my doubts.

mexiwi

Bob McCowan (2)
Wouldn't be surprised if Coleman is concussion related. I thought I saw him cop another head knock during the Lions game.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

It's like Payto and Beth read this forum for leads or something...

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Man, Luke Jones had such a good mop of hair when he went overseas. That disappeared quick, poor prick.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
With Coleman out that only leaves three locks on tour. I'd guess Philip and Jones will most likely play second row with RH-P on the bench and Leota or Cottrell at openside.

Would have liked to have seen Jones have another week at 6.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Man, Luke Jones had such a good mop of hair when he went overseas. That disappeared quick, poor prick.
Haha saw that. He's gone full blown dad mode. Should just shave it off. Or get implants.

Genia is a big loss, but i still think this side should have enough for the Sharks. It would be a shame to come home from the tour with nothing in the bag.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Referee Rasta Rasivhenge
AR1 Divan Uys
AR2 Amy Barrat-Theron
TMO Marius Jonker

Cant believe they did not gave Egon a second chance with the Rebels.
Sharks will be well rested and eager to get their season back on track. The team with the best dissipline will win.
Sharks by 50

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Referee Rasta Rasivhenge
AR1 Divan Uys
AR2 Amy Barrat-Theron
TMO Marius Jonker

Cant believe they did not gave Egon a second chance with the Rebels.
Sharks will be well rested and eager to get their season back on track. The team with the best dissipline will win.
Sharks by 50
Rebels by 50.
Unless Ref rasta goes down and egon steps in, then its the rebels by 50 penalties to 1.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Rebels lineup. As predicted, no Genia. The new guy in 23, mr TBC, should ahve a cracker.

1. Matt Gibbon
2. Anaru Rangi
3. Sam Talakai
4. Ross Haylett-Petty
5. Matt Philip
6. Luke Jones
7. Richard Hardwick
8. Angus Cottrell
9. Michael Ruru
10. Quade Cooper
11. Tom English
12. Billy Meakes
13. Sione Tuipulotu
14. Reece Hodge
15. Jack Maddocks

16. Robbie Abel
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Pone Fa'amausili
19. Rob Leota
20. Brad Wilkin
21. Harrison Goddard
22. Campbell Magnay
23. TBC

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It worries me how many Wallabies we have sent back home. Either they think we have this game in the bag or we are laying down and dying.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is that Tuipulotu's starting debut? So, we sent home Genia, Coleman and Koroibete yes. I'm nervous for Sione's defensive abilities.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Is that Tuipulotu's starting debut? So, we sent home Genia, Coleman and Koroibete yes. I'm nervous for Sione's defensive abilities.

Did he start v the Rebs in 2015 @ AAMI park? I know he was a late ring-in. KevinO and I sit with a bunch of StKev parents, and they were delighted to see one of their own in the team.

Match report talks about the late change, not the number on his back. See: http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/rebels-prevail-against-the-reds/