• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Reds v Rebels - Saturday 30 March @ Suncorp

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
The Reds have the luxury of back to back home games and back to back wins, the game against the Brumbies one of the best they've played in a few years.

The Rebels are on the back end of a tough SA slog, for me they are the benchmark for the Aussie conference and know how important a win is here to keep themselves in the hunt for top spot and also the teams below at an arms length, as the conference is now wide open.

I think advantage still sits with the Rebels as the return of the ex-Reds premiership play making duo will have them primed for a big performance which could offset the mental fatigue of a couple of losses, although the physical fatigue is still an issue. The risk as well for a young side such as the Reds is if they rest on their prior accomplishments, they'll be brought back to Earth very quickly.

I'll tip the Rebels but wouldn't be surprised to see the Reds get up in a close one in probably wet conditions.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^While physical fatigue is a factor, Genia, Coleman, Isi and Koroibete have all been back over a week. Sending players home to prepare for this game should help.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Any news on the ASY (Angus Scott-Young) hearing? Was supposed to be announced late yesterday but I can't find anything.

Thommo

Frank Row (1)
I saw the Timu altercation. Wasn't really much in it but, damn, he'd be useful this weekend. He looked like a different player to the other 29 blokes on the pitch. In awe of the size of the lad.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Hopefully the judiciary accepts the argument that ASY (Angus Scott-Young) was merely performing a tradition Qld greeting welcoming back old mates.

"Honestly guv, it was meant as a term of endearment"

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ASY (Angus Scott-Young) got off with a warning.

SANZAAR judiciary strikes again.........

FakeDefinitiveDalmatian-max-1mb.gif

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Aye aye aye, Thorn clearly has dirt on the judiciary. Impressive. Not even a retrospective red card. Hope he plays well this weekend.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
I said it at the time that he's clearly just trying to clean Slipper off the ball, punch was clearly accidental. Thought he'd still get something but happy he hasnt.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I still can’t fathom the outrage about this ASY (Angus Scott-Young) incicent. From the first time I saw it it looked a non-event but he gnashing of teeth and outrage of many directed at Scott-Young has been vehement and over the top.

The outcome was appropriate and sensible.

Well done. Move on.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I still can’t fathom the outrage about this ASY (Angus Scott-Young) incicent. From the first time I saw it it looked a non-event but he gnashing of teeth and outrage of many directed at Scott-Young has been vehement and over the top.

The outcome was appropriate and sensible.

Well done. Move on.

Try telling that to Tolu Latu