• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9: Waratahs v Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
RIP Daryl Gibson's coaching career at the Tahs. I'm not normally in favour of knee jerk reactions against the coach, but I don't see how he can recover from this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As I have said repeatedly. Gibson needs to go. He should have gone at the end of last year after the review the Tahs apparently had. That was rubbish. He has no idea.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
As I have said repeatedly. Gibson needs to go. He should have gone at the end of last year after the review the Tahs apparently had. That was rubbish. He has no idea.

He's probably a very nice guy. In coaching terms he seems to be an amalgam of Chris Hickey and Robbie Deans.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's strange.............

I really thought the Tahs were going to be a much stronger team this year after the way they progressed throughout last year.

What happened?

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Win, lose or draw that was one of the worst games of rugby ever played by anyone. Disgraceful

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
The Tahs were rubbish. No mincing the words. No heart, no desire, nothing.

Tahs should have put plenty of the Kings but didn't even bother to turn up. So many players seem to not want to be on the field. The season is over and the board should start planning for next year.

The Hoff was his usual rubbish self too.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He came around the side to kick the ball though... clear penalty.

Re-watched. He came through the gate (and was the only Waratah player), then kind of disengaged for a second and came a bit from the side just before he kicked it. Close thing, but penalty OK. Yellow? Not so sure as he is completely entitled to kick the ball if he is part of the ruck, despite Rohan Hoffman's brain-fucked version of the laws. Mark what he said - "Can't play the ball with feet in a ruck" - I would not say it was a clear cut cynical action at all after reviewing. Watch the whole event, not just the last second.
That aside, the Tahs were a soft pastiche of a rugby team who deserve all opprobrium heaped upon their sorry, weak, rope-grasping asses. How they manage to make a 4 tries a-piece game look like a rout is beyond me, but they did. Not even close to a pass mark. Weak. As. Piss.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hanigan's yellow card seemed entirely based on thinking Hooper had committed foul play and when that review was wrong, he had to come up with something.

It was terrible refereeing.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Playing group?

Old school - trials. Earn your selection rather than scholarships out of school.

Too many 'chosen ones' who have only ever lived a charmed life from high school into the Tah's.

Honestly I would be happy if next weeks forward pack was Hooper plus the best performers in this weekends Shute Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.