• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 7s general chat

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Am interested to see Liam McNamara, Josh Coward and Simon Kennewell get more game time They showed some class at the Central Coast 7s. Kennewell in particular looks like he's ready to step straight into the world circuit. I wonder if Porch will continue to be used as a playmaker? They need to find someone to step into Stannards shoes.

On the ladies side Mahalia Murphy and Emma Sykes were simply brilliant at the CC7s and I can't wait to see how they go on the World Series stage. Sykes in particular lit it up with lighting speed while MM has strength, speed and elusiveness.

T

TOCC

Should Sevens sell itself as a summer sport?

Target the off-season rugby union, rugby league players and Aussie Rules players..

I get it the heat in summer is bad, but it's not unplayable, and whilst cricket owns most ovals in Summer there are still plenty of dedicated rectangular stadiums across the country.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Target the off-season rugby union, rugby league players and Aussie Rules players..

I get it the heat in summer is bad, but it's not unplayable, and whilst cricket owns most ovals in Summer there are still plenty of dedicated rectangular stadiums across the country.

I don't mind that idea. Probably makes sense given when the world series is played too. Creates some tournaments around the place and leads up to the Sydney 7s.

Haven't heard anything further about this national uni league that's meant to kick off next year.

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
Am interested to see Liam McNamara, Josh Coward and Simon Kennewell get more game time They showed some class at the Central Coast 7s. Kennewell in particular looks like he's ready to step straight into the world circuit. I wonder if Porch will continue to be used as a playmaker? They need to find someone to step into Stannards shoes.

On the ladies side Mahalia Murphy and Emma Sykes were simply brilliant at the CC7s and I can't wait to see how they go on the World Series stage. Sykes in particular lit it up with lighting speed while MM has strength, speed and elusiveness.

Mahalia is a very good player one to certainly watch out for

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Could look to run games during the twilight period of the day.

T

TOCC

John Porch has a broken leg.. was hoping he might evolve as a playmaker

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Particularly as sevens is about short games.

T

TOCC

Done, lets get it to the ARU..

A new National Sevens Competition will run from late October to January,

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Oh shit yeah. What would it be up against?

A-League? Yay, Craig Foster crapping on about soccer's inferiority complex. Boring. T20? If I wanted to see people hit a ball a long way with minimal opposition, I'd watch golf.

T

TOCC

There's so many fringe NRL players that would love to play as well, there's already 4 or 5 well established 7's tournaments like the Central Coast Sevens which could become officially accredited/recognised as part of a wider series.. the ARU wouldn't need to start from scratch, just build on what's already there

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
There's so many fringe NRL players that would love to play as well, there's already 4 or 5 well established 7's tournaments like the Central Coast Sevens which could become officially accredited/recognised as part of a wider series.. the ARU wouldn't need to start from scratch, just build on what's already there

The NRL are planning to do a 9s comp as well as their 9s NRL comp in NZ in February

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Done, lets get it to the ARU..

A new National Sevens Competition will run from late October to January,

There was a abbreviated proposal published on The Roar a little while ago. I think it was titled Sevens Rugby Smash. It was designed to run the course of 4 weeks with 6-8 teams. I think that would be worthwhile looking at.