• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 7s general chat

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know if the Series against Japan on Thursday & Friday in Mackay are being streamed or televised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Keep an eye out for Maurice Longbottom, his tiny so I'm not sure that he will ever be a permanent fixture in the team but he has a step that would make benji marshal and Quade cooper blush

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^there is an amazingly high number of players in rehab ATM.

Seems like there's been significant turnover in fringe players, with several previous poor signings culled.

I think we'll improve off a very low base this year, but that's in no way an expression of confidence in the management:)

T

TOCC

Aussie 7s team signings:

As preparations for a huge 2018 ramp up with the Oktoberfest 7s in Munich on September 29, Friend has secured the signatures of James Stannard, Jesse Parahi, John Porch, Sam Myers, Simon Kennewell, Liam McNamara and Ben O’Donnell.

Kennewell and McNamara have signed on until the 2020 Olympics, with Porch committing until the end of the 2020 season.

Stannard, Parahi, O'Donnell and Myers have all been locked in until the end of 2018.
Liam McNamara has signed with the Aussie Sevens until the end of 2020. Photo: World Rugby
Liam McNamara has signed with the Aussie Sevens until the end of 2020. Photo: World Rugby
While keeping the experienced heads of Stannard, Parahi and Myers on board is important, it's the signatures of Kennewell and McNamara, two players that starred for the Australian U20s in Georgia this year, which are particularly significant, along with Porch.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/09/21/seventh-heaven-for-aussie-sevens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We're going to miss McNamara this season. I thought his improvement last year was sensational.

Went from being someone I didn't rate at all to being a key member of the team (and then a standout when he played U20 WC).

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
We're going to miss McNamara this season. I thought his improvement last year was sensational.

Went from being someone I didn't rate at all to being a key member of the team (and then a standout when he played U20 WC).
Why are we going to miss him? He's signed to 2020.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lots of new faces in the team for the Oktoberfest 7s.

This is not part of the World Series.
5f5f46dfa295880046a5d5ac794ad9f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Ben O’Donnell went quite well from the bits and pieces I’ve seen.. he is a big framed guy with speed and footwork, so offers a bit of versatility going forward.

But, the player who impressed me was Maurice Longbottom, I hear he came from the Loyd McDermott pathway, but that’s all I know.. he looks to be a playmaker and might be a worthy replacement for Stannard in the next 18months. Talented young guy.

Highlights of the final here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro