• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

rugby boys playing Toyota Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Rugby needs a rep pathway and quality games for the 17-19yo to compete with S G Ball.junior club rugby not working.

I've always thought that around the 16-18 year period there should be an organised "Rep" season in that it effectively mimics the Shute Shield. It allows for the identification of the top line talent likely to move forward. Clubs can work with these kids to develop pathways into Colts or for the best possibly even grade.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It has too many rep pathways (with too many vested interests), which dilutes the quality of each of the pathways.

Entrenched interests perpetuate the mediocracy. The best kids never get to play against the best kids on a level playing field.

It is not the kids fault.

juniors spectator

Stan Wickham (3)
I hear there is a " new " junior rugby landscape in discussion with ARU and Juniors with many rep events eg Regionals, city v country etc being considered obsolete. About time some new ideas thrashed out and considered. Hopefully all parties can work for the good of Rugby and everyone get on the same page!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Eureka.

I've tried to stimulate some debate on this via the Arbib Report thread, the Australian JRU thread, and the Sydney Juniors thread to name a few.

Unless there is a decent clean out of many of the current administrators I can see the same old masonic secret mens business WIIFM (what's in it for me) continuing to shag it up with only cosmetic changes being made to the way things have always been done. I would love to be proven wrong.

juniors spectator

Stan Wickham (3)
Well keep your fingers crossed as this is the most positive thing to start for a while. There have been very positive dialogues between someJunior organisations and the ARU...hope all the others get on board or get out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.