• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Bucket List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Obviously (for me) Hong Kong Sevens is at the top of the List. (and ticked off a couple of times)

What else should be on Joe Average's Rugby Bucket List?

A few suggestions to start off discussions:
Calcutta Cup at MurrayField - Flower of Scotland with Bagpipes
Any game at the Cardiff Arms Park - Spontaneous Choir
Country NSW game watching from the front of the Utes parked around the ground and aftermatch hospitality
Singapore 7's on the Padang
Any RWC tour - the environment and banter is the key, the games secondary
After Match Hangi in rural New Zealand
Coaching a Junior Team
Car Park Brai in Safferland

To me it seems that the Rugby bucket list has more social and cultural "events" rather than game events.

What should be on the Ultimate Rugby Bucket List?

Discus.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Munster versus a touring nation at Thomond Park.
The big finals, RWC, HEC and S15.
7s Olympic debut.
Lions tour as a Lions fan.
Watch a home game for as many HEC and S15 team as you can in one season. Be a home fan for the day, go to their usual pre and post game pubs, join in songs etc.
Go to a women's international game.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I like them Hugh! I am a fairly simple bloke but so the one thing I always wanted to do was to play on the main field at Ballymore. Not a huge goal for some but on every occasion that I had the chance I was injured.
The last time our semi final was out in the training fields and I was playing the best rugby I ever had until I got knocked out. Mandatory 3 week rest for all concussions. I felt fine but was still on the side for the GF on field one.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Cheering myself hoarse at the Waratahs' inaugural Super Rugby Final win. Now I'd like to see that.

Thanks Hugh Jarse for this thread. I see that you've been fairly indefatigable across numerous threads in the past 24 hours or so, even exceeding your usual prolific contributions. Must still be on a high from the Tahs' last gasp win?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ a near perfect storm for rugby. Hong Kong 7's. Afternoon home victory for the Tah's in wonderful afternoon sunshine. Reds vistory. Ponies brave efforts in Safferland. A bit of controversy in Safferland with the Rebels. Shute Shield trials underway. Fiji vs Wales at Hong Kong. NZ Friday night super rugby game quality. Young kids at halftime at SFS. How much better can it get? Course I am active. Tah's result is icing on a big cake.

Back to the Bucket List.
Being at your Son or Daughters first ever rugby game

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Coaching your kids rugby team

Your own kids rugby has to be the ultimate - coaching , managing - hopefully watching them score a try in the juniors or if your really lucky run out to play their first first grade game in SS and score a try - the ultimate buzz....beyond that I can only imagine the thrill of siring a Wallaby. "That's my boy" . Tragic really

At the risk of turning this laudable thread into a war stories list - agree with rest of Hugh's list add any overseas test where you and mates sit next to a local who takes you under wing and drinks and talks rugby with you. Even better if conversation is in franglais and after game adjourn via local drinking holes for a home bbq hosted by his aloof ex Air France hostie wife . Even more tragic ....but such is the life of a touring rugby supporter

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Watching the Wallabies win their next RWC - live!

As for those who have a RWC tour on their list, I recomend go. I am now offically addicted & yes the banter & off-game stuff is just as important as the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.