• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The draw is out and being a World Cup year, it is a condensed version with only 3 of the 4 games counting for points and the last one, effectively a warmup before the World Cup.

ROUND 1
Friday 17 July: New Zealand v Argentina - AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Saturday 18 July: Australia v South Africa - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

ROUND 2
Saturday 25 July: South Africa v New Zealand - Venue TBC
Saturday 25 July: Argentina v Australia - Venue TBC

ROUND 3
Saturday 8 August: Australia v New Zealand - ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Saturday 8 August: South Africa v Argentina - Venue TBC

ADDITIONAL WEEK (not for competition points)
Saturday 15 August: New Zealand v Australia - Eden Park, Auckland
Saturday 15 August: Argentina v South Africa - Venue TBC

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The fact all four teams need to travel from the Antipodes to either Argentina or South Africa means they will be on an equal footing (fatigue wise).

T

Train Without a Station

Good to see a variation on the fixture. Should mean the championship is open until the last round at least.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Does anyone else think they should get rid of the four try bonus point? Not just for next year but perhaps forever. For such a short comp that extra point is too influential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I guess I just hate it cause it makes it even harder to keep up with NZ

T

TOCC

Purely a money raising idea but not a completely unreasonably concept, travel would be similar for the Wallabies as they will already be in South Africa the week before.

Wallabies schedule:
1st Oct vs RSA @Pretoria
8th Oct vs ARG @Twickenham
22nd OCT vs NZ @Eden Park

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Doesn't it come down to revenue?

What venues can The Lords of Darkness pack the greatest number of paying punters into?

From Memory: Eden Park ~55k. The Tron ~28k. The Cake Tin ~38k. The Zoo ~30k. Christchurch ~20k. Levin Domain ~12k, and other NZ regional venues max out at < 20k.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
http://uar.com.ar/noticias/noticias.asp?idinfo=4496

Probably, in 2016 Argentina will face Australia in Twickenham for the TRC match.

Confirmed for 8/10/2016:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...argentina-at-twickenham-in-rugby-championship

Counts as an Argentinian home match so they get the puma's share of the gate plus TV rights. Kinda suits Straya too time zone-wise given they're in Pretoria the week prior so looking at a two hour time difference vs five if they had to go to BA. Win/ win, then.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Confirmed for 8/10/2016:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...argentina-at-twickenham-in-rugby-championship

Counts as an Argentinian home match so they get the puma's share of the gate plus TV rights. Kinda suits Straya too time zone-wise given they're in Pretoria the week prior so looking at a two hour time difference vs five if they had to go to BA. Win/ win, then.
Only losers are fans in Australia who prefer an early morning game v one in the middle of the night :(

Also laser pen stockists

Status
Not open for further replies.