• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't give a monkeys what the Warriors did in Australia, for f**** sake there are people going bankrupt and losing businesses here and NZ because of this f***ing virus, and people are wanting other countries to throw out their quarantine so a game of rugby can go ahead, sorry mate, I agree you try a few things but if you think that is the way that is needed, I think it time to scrap whole bloody thing!
I just had a look at some of the posts here and other boards, headlines etc and have decided that there a fair few people need to wake up and realise how stupid it all is. We can't play a game if we have to quarantine for 3 days FFS!!

And you using the European case where it is rampant? You serious you want us like that? Really?

Dan, I'm getting a bit tired reading your continual excuses for what is happening with NZ and NZRU.

To minimise the situation, as you have, to say that only three days will be lost to training is disingenuous to say the least, and bordering on disrespect for the situation rugby is in in this country. We have what will be largely a new test team, and under an entirely new coaching regime. This team will need to have as much time together as possible to do credit to themselves, the coaches and the country. They will not be able to train together after three days, as you are insinuating, under the existing NZ COVID protocols. They might get a week or less together before the first test, and that is simply not enough.

Blame your Government if you like (I will add that I think Jacinda has done a good job over the duration of the virus), but it is what it is. You say you want to see competitive teams from South Africa and Argentina, or no tournament at all, but insist that the Wallabies don't need more than a few days to be competitive with your precious ABs.

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dan, I'm getting a bit tired reading your continual excuses for what is happening with NZ and NZRU.

To minimise the situation, as you have, to say that only three days will be lost to training is disingenuous to say the least, and bordering on disrespect for the situation rugby is in in this country. We have what will be largely a new test team, and under an entirely new coaching regime. This team will need to have as much time together as possible to do credit to themselves, the coaches and the country. They will not be able to train together after three days, as you are insinuating, under the existing NZ COVID protocols. They might get a week or less together before the first test, and that is simply not enough.

Blame your Government if you like (I will add that I think Jacinda has done a good job over the duration of the virus), but it is what it is. You say you want to see competitive teams from South Africa and Argentina, or no tournament at all, but insist that the Wallabies don't need more than a few days to be competitive with your precious ABs.

To late BR, it's all settled.;) I have never said the Wallabies should have a few days to prepare and you are telling porkies if you saying I did. They will lose 3 days 'FACT" They can train before they go and 3 days after arriving. I keep saying stop believing everything you read in papers, and it would all work out and it has!
See I may get tired of your posts of why things can't work, but I would never be that rude because I respect yours and all other's opinion.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
We have what will be largely a new test team, and under an entirely new coaching regime. This team will need to have as much time together as possible to do credit to themselves, the coaches and the country.
On what planet is this anyone else's fault apart from Rugby Australia Inc?

Aus have just had a mini-season of SRA, same as NZ. Even footing. Your quoted bit has nothing to do with any other foreign pricks, they shouldnt have to factor in whether Aus have a new coach or Cyclo7s boy playing prop or Stephen goddamn Larkham still running the cutter.

You want us all to wait until you feel ready?

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Day of discharges and new swabs

Tuesday September 15, 2020

Emiliano Boffelli, Bautista Delguy, Juan Cruz Mallía, Juan Bautista Pedemonte, Rodrigo Fernández Criado and Lucas Bur have been discharged from the epidemiology department and can now train at Casa Pumas. Consequently, 33 players are fit for physical activity, some on the Escobar campus and others isolated from their homes because they are close contacts of positive cases.

These are: Tomás Lezana, Santiago Carreras, Santiago Chocobares, Federico Wegrzyn, José Luis González, Javier Ortega Desio, Juan Pablo Castro, Jerónimo de la Fuente, Tomás Albornoz, Gonzalo García, Lucio Cinti, Juan Martín González, Joaquín Oviedo, Lucio Sordoni, Mayco Vivas, Gonzalo Bertranou, Francisco Gorrissen, Santiago Medrano, Santiago Socino, Joaquín Díaz Bonilla, Lucas Paulos, Santiago Grondona, Rodrigo Bruni, Ignacio Ruiz, Ignacio Calas, Juan Pablo Zeiss and Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro.

Moreover, the team underwent a round of PCR testing yesterday. The results indicated three new positive cases, which are asymptomatic and are already isolated in their homes. They are Julián Montoya, Sebastián Cancelliere and Domingo Miotti.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurld reporting from behind the partial pay wall that Bled 3 is in Brisbane on 7/11 with both teams flying up from their quarantine base on the morning of the match. Also that Wobs will arrive in NZ for Bleds 1 & 2 on 23/09. I've seen & heard reports they'll be based in Christchurch & fly up to NI on match days but no-one has said why that is or what happened to the proposal to base them in Queenstown.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
The wait is over! Rugby returns to South Africa in late September

News24 said:
The season will resume on 26 September with a double-header at Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria, when the Bulls take on the Sharks, and the Lions battle the Stormers on Super Fan Saturday.

But it's the Springbok Showdown, a unique match that will pit the best local stars and top, up-and-coming talent against each other on 3 October that will have the fans talking.

Springbok assistant coaches Mzwandile Stick and Deon Davids will coach Springbok Green versus Springbok Gold for the match at Newlands in Cape Town with Rassie Erasmus (director of rugby) and Jacques Nienaber (Springbok coach) acting as the two team commissioners.

The selection process will take the form of a draft pick from an enlarged squad of 60 players with Green and Gold team bosses taking alternate turns in an old-style ‘school yard pick’ to assemble their match-day squads of 25 players each.

The 10 guys not getting picked will at least have a good idea of where they are in the pecking order, locally anyway.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ that's good news. This not so much:

" “We’re still not in a position to confirm plans for the Springboks, but it remains our wish that they play tests this year,” Roux said.

" “It would not only be great to see the Rugby World Cup champions in action, but it would also give the Bok management valuable preparation for next year’s tour of the British & Irish Lions.” "

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ionship-as-play-set-to-resume-in-south-africa

I'm thinking bokke will send a team but won't include any NH-based players. Which may not be entirely a bad thing for developing depth long-term.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think we will be there. International travel has been opened tonight (limited and strict travel regulations).

Sale Sharks have comitted to release 7 Boks, but will only do so when international calendar opens, presumably.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

12.5% contraction of the economy. There was a better way. But they love her.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm thinking bokke will send a team but won't include any NH-based players. Which may not be entirely a bad thing for developing depth long-term.

I think there will definitely be a few of the NH players in the squad inside the release window. The NH clubs have no choice,

at least:
Faf
Dupreez Bros x3
de Allende
Akker vd Merwe
Coenie Oosthuizen
Vincent Koch

Not clear what happens with the Japan players who are sitting idle. Like Marx and Kwagga. Ulrich?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I think we will be there. International travel has been opened tonight (limited and strict travel regulations).

Sale Sharks have comitted to release 7 Boks, but will only do so when international calendar opens, presumably.

Go on. Whats your starting 15 from what we know so far?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Not clear what happens with the Japan players who are sitting idle. Like Marx and Kwagga. Ulrich?
What do you blokes think about the "schoolyard prick" draft for Rassie v Nienaber for the Springbok Showdown in two-and-a-half weeks time?

It's got my interest!