1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by rigs23, Sep 27, 2011.

1. rigs23 Allen Oxlade (6)

2. EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7 Syd Malcolm (24)

Looks fake or not a replica jersey, i thought that the three stripes were/are an adidas trademark.

Also i thought that in the amateur era where sponsorship was non existant on jerseys.
  3. young gun Chris McKivat (8)

Could be a real - "Supporters" jersey. They wore those type, and were sponsored by Ricoh around 1988 (?) I think. Vague recollections of them wearing those sort in a test at Concord Oval.
  4. EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7 Syd Malcolm (24)

Yeah not worth the money methinks. Those old adidas one's are almost impossible to locate. I don't think that they sold them for supporters back in the day.
  5. RugbyReg Phil Waugh (73)

yep I have a Noddy Lynagh one from his test v Scotland in 1988 at Murrayfield and is a Ricoh one
  6. AngrySeahorse Peter Sullivan (51)

Dont know if this one is a legit version but the jerseys of its era were the best. I'd love to see Aus Rugby do as League has done & re-release its 'retro' jerseys, I reckon more people would buy the grand slam one then the 'tweety' one we have now.
    Swat likes this.
  7. maxdacat John Solomon (38)

Can we have retro jersey prices too?
    AngrySeahorse likes this.
  8. DPK Peter Sullivan (51)

Like the original (and best) sky-blue Australian jersey?
  9. RugbyReg Phil Waugh (73)

it was sky blue for one test, because it was played in Sydney.

Then it was maroon the next test, because it was played in Brisbane.
  10. tblackadder Allen Oxlade (6)

worst way to describe jersey size in that ad.....armpit to armpit measurements
    BRIX likes this.
  11. Groucho Greg Davis (50)

The Ricoh is definitely a real, and collectible jersey.
  12. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

i think your underselling the fact that Australia originally wore sky blue there reg.
    DPK, Jnor, minorbird and 1 other person like this.
  13. R.I.P Bob McCowan (2)

14. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Anyone looking for 2011 RWC jerseys could check out Lovell Rugby in the UK as they have started discounting their stocks of 2011 RWC jerseys.

Various RWC team jerseys have been reduced to GBP29.99 or GBP24.99 (excl VAT) if sent outside of UK. The postage is GBP10 for the first item and GBP5 thereafter.

I was hoping to find a Canada jersey, but they had none left.

www.lovellrugby.co.uk
  15. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

16. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

there was no australia when the test was played - if you are talking about the centenary when england wore red white and blue that was all to replicate the original game.
  17. RugbyReg Phil Waugh (73)

I'm talking about the first test Australia played back in 1899 v Great Britain (and then the 2nd test).
  18. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Thanks for the tip Tangawizi. I will check out both sites and see what's available. Cheers!
  19. nugget Jimmy Flynn (14)

who the frick designs the wallabies supporter wear anyway, some of it is just plain horrible.

Like this shirt, could they make the stupid union jack any bigger and the mighty southern cross any smaller. wtf

[IMG]
  20. R.I.P Bob McCowan (2)

Could be worst like those old Ken Done designs for the Olympic squad.