• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Wasn't so long ago that Canterbury dressed nearly all International teams. Now only Saffers and Scots IIRC.

The Boks will be kitted by Asics for six years from 2014.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...-africa-s-springbok-kit-in-six-year-deal.html

The Scots changed from Canterbury to Macron this year.

http://www.macronstorewrexham.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:macron-to-sponsor-scottish-rugby&catid=41:latest&Itemid=98

Interesting to note from the Boks announcement that Asics has made rugby a priority. Being a Tokyo based company, maybe the 2019 RWC has something to do with it and will we see the Brave Blossoms wearing Asics soon?

Of the top tier nations, I think England are the only team kitted out by Canterbury.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Rugby never 50% off everything Sale this Saturday and Sunday for those in Melbourne. Normally got to be early as everything in normal sizes goes pretty quickly.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Did anyone see the referees kit at the Gold Coast Sevens from last weekend? I'm trying to track down some photos of it and can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's Canterbury kit provided to the IRB by the look of it.

T

TOCC

Wasn't so long ago that Canterbury dressed nearly all International teams. Now only Saffers and Scots IIRC.

They had big financial problems a few years back and had to seriously restructure the whole company, it seems like a big cycle for sport clothing manufacturers..

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The issue is that with manufacturing in China opening up there are lots of new players in the jersey market. Prices for jerseys have reduced for clubs in recent years as manufacturers compete to win contracts.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Did anyone see the referees kit at the Gold Coast Sevens from last weekend? I'm trying to track down some photos of it and can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scottish referees also got new kits from Macron this season, and one of the tops is pink! At least it's not all pink unlike the unfortunate ones in the ITM Cup!

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)

It's a map of the world in pixels and the cities they visit on the 7s circuit are a different colour.

Orange
Marius-van-der-Westhuizen3.jpg

Blue
Rasta_Rasivhenge_Gold_Coast_7s_2012_62951278_thumbnail.jpg

White
2066251_IPDNEWS.jpg

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Canterbury are having a warehouse sale in Brisbane this weekend (Friday-Sunday). Might duck up there at lunch to have a look.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
ujy2evu8.jpg

Here's the price list from the sale. Lots of SOO stuff. Worth popping in if you have time and money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Plenty of gear for Tahs fans. Also some Boks, Scotland, Leicester and a few other jerseys floating around. Boots for $20 too.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Kooga are selling off all their old Kooga stock on the GC Saturday week, 7 December.

The advantage for fans when a company rebrands.