• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Rugby World Cup Online Store is now dumping whatever stock they've got left if anyone wants another reminder of the tournament. Some of the jackets look like a good deal actually but final orders have to be in by Monday. http://www.rwcshop.com/

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The same muppets who came up with the structure, names and team colours of the cricket Big Bash League perhaps?

Funny you say that as I was at the KooGa offices last week and they are producing the Big Bash kit for all the teams. Think someone in their art department is colour blind.

C

centurion

Anyone still buy the traditional rugby jersey? Went to buy a Wallabies jersey a while ago and had a choice between the traditional and the pro jersey. Went traditional, for some reason not a fan of the jersey without a collar. Plus the pro jersey shows my pot belly a bit too much....

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Anyone still buy the traditional rugby jersey? Went to buy a Wallabies jersey a while ago and had a choice between the traditional and the pro jersey. Went traditional, for some reason not a fan of the jersey without a collar. Plus the pro jersey shows my pot belly a bit too much....

I bought a "classic" Waratahs away jersey recently, but it was short sleeved and didn't have a traditional collar...does that count?

I prefer the modern/pro versions as I find they are a better fit than those of, say, ten years ago which were of a much more relaxed fit.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
This one is for the Brumbies fans.
Kooga are on Day 3 of their 12 Deals of Christmas sale.

https://shop.kooga.com.au/12-DEALS-OF-CHRISTMAS-s/96.htm

There mustn't be a lot of love for the Brumbies at the moment if they are offering their jerseys at this price. Deal 1 was for a Brumbies polo shirt and a couple of weeks ago, the 2010 jersey was the Deal of the Week.

Looking forward to seeing what they offer for the rest of the promotion period.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There mustn't be a lot of love for the Brumbies at the moment if they are offering their jerseys at this price. Deal 1 was for a Brumbies polo shirt and a couple of weeks ago, the 2010 jersey was the Deal of the Week.

Looking forward to seeing what they offer for the rest of the promotion period.

Ummm...Have they not been having deals on a range of jerseys of late?

And the Brumbies will have new jerseys for2012 making these ones redundant...

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Ummm...Have they not been having deals on a range of jerseys of late?

And the Brumbies will have new jerseys for2012 making these ones redundant...

Ummm…sure they have been offering deals on a range of jerseys recently. However, exclude the junior sizes and it has only been the Brumbies (twice) and the Australian Sevens in adult sizes that have been offered to date. Furthermore, the first four days of the KooGa 12 day Christmas sale has featured Brumbies gear twice.

They do have to clear out the 2011 season jersey for the new 2012 version. So let’s see if KooGa offer a similar deal on the other Super Rugby teams they supply. If not, it could indicate the Reds and Rebels jerseys have sold better.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You would think the Reds jersey would be selling better on the back of this season, and since they're running out with the same kit next year they can continue selling it at retail.

The Brumbies will have new a jersey/sponsor in 2012, and Kooga would be looking at clearing out their 2011 stock.

Brumbies HQ, like some other retailers, have stopped selling the 2011 jersey.

The Sevens kit was also made redundant with the new design.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You should be happy about being able to pick up a jersey for $25 Slim. I used to love it a couple of years ago when the Reds had to dump all their unsold stock on eBay for that price. But those days are over now.

And the Reds 2012 jersey is marginally different to the 2011 one. They've changed the collar slightly so the sponsor stands out more on it and sleeves are a bit different without any white too.

See - https://shop.kooga.com.au/product-p/cusqrjr028red.htm

Compared to https://shop.kooga.com.au/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=QRJR014