• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I remember the days when the Reds store listed their stock on eBay. They also had some Tahs gear going cheap as well. A bit hit and miss with the quality though.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
You would think the Reds jersey would be selling better on the back of this season, and since they're running out with the same kit next year they can continue selling it at retail.

The Reds 2011 Jersey's were horrendous. I'm glad I bought the 2010 jersey as they blended in the QR logo with the actual Reds jersey!

Reactions: daz

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah I just don't get why they need the big white square. Just lazy work by KooGa of do St George require it?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Yeah I just don't get why they need the big white square. Just lazy work by KooGa of do St George require it?

I'm sure St George require it, but I have no idea why they allow the St George Dragons to not have it;

st%20george%20illawarra%20dragons%202011%20adults%20away%20jersey%20(front).jpg

599822-darius-boyd.jpg

You can still see their logo without any dramas and it actually makes the jersey look decent rather than it being a Corporate ridden shirt!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
RE: the major sponsor of the Reds on the jersey. Could it have something to do with the shade of red of the jersey? It could be different to the red used for the St George brand and so sponsor logo could not be blended into the jersey like the NRL Dragons gear.

T

TOCC

its all a sponsorship exposure thing, matter of the fact is, having the white square makes it stand out more.. probably makes the sponsorship worth more as well

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can't be as bad as the sponsor for the Spanish Mens Hockey team... I had to double take when watching the Champions Trophy final (which the Hockeyroos won btw, glad we're still good at some sports):
NAZ-SPAIN_AND_SA_36798f.jpg

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
My bad. I must have thought it was the women's match since Spain all had "PRINCESS" written on their jersey

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
That training jacket is awesome, went the blue one... and got the 4yr old jersey for when the dude grows out of his baby jersey ;)

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I tried on one of the green Wallabies game day jackets at a store on the weekend. Nice, but felt like a walking billboard for Qantas with five of its logos on the jacket.

D

daz

Melbourne based rugby fans: Rebel Sports (the sports shop, not the rugby team) has a deal running in-store up until 23rd Dec.

Melbourne Rebels and Wallaby 2011 team jerseys are marked down from $150 to $50 until stocks clear.

Pretty good deal, I thinks.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I agree. I hate that.I have to pay to advertise your brand?

Yes, they are sponsoring the team and not the fans. That's why I prefer to get the RWC team gear, if possible, as it is not cluttered with sponsors.

Also, really disappointing when the team logo is relatively small when compared to the sponsor logos.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just looked again at the Kooga site. Only three items left from their 2011 sale, it looks like everything else is gone.

This suggests that people are very keen to buy supporters gear but not very keen to pay $150+ for the pleasure. Surely there must be a law of diminishing returns, which suggests that if merchandise was more reasonably priced they would sell more and teams would still get the same total income. One of my pet gripes is going to watch the Tahs and seeing so little sky blue at the stadium. Perhaps an overall price reduction might have the effect of getting more people to buy and wear the gear to home matches.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
This suggests that people are very keen to buy supporters gear but not very keen to pay $150+ for the pleasure.

Absolutely agree Hawko. All the kit is made in china and would not cost more than $20 each jersey delivered to Asutralia. I don't know how the manufacturers justify selling the gear for $150 a pop and then put it on sale for $25 which would only be enough to cover costs, it's a deadset ripoff and i refuse to buy something that is so over-priced!!!