• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League really gives me the shits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Didn't a soccer play just bite someone!

Rugby has had it's ear biting, face elbowed after a try etc characters

They use their helmets in grid iron as weapons and cause lots of concussions and there long term effects.

AFL is the king of the loose flying elbow

League has had Mal Reilly, Hoppa, Boyd etc who were colourful

So perhaps it's about controlled violence at each colosseum and what the public and officials are prepared to wear.

Bravehart is correct about imagines but is it ethical?
It is my image so why can't I or my parents copyright it? Pay before you display. If it was a piece of music, art etc you could be fined or go to gaol.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Bravehart is correct about imagines but is it ethical?
It is my image so why can't I or my parents copyright it? Pay before you display. If it was a piece of music, art etc you could be fined or go to gaol.

Your image? So you cannot be photographed in a public place without your permission because you have copyright in your own appearance? Maybe you you try that argument next time you are caught by a speed camera.

Assuming you could get away with the argument that Carney's effort was performance art and therefore subject to copyright, this would not prevent others using the image except at Carney's sole discretion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If your image is copyright, then perhaps the individual should take reasonable steps to protect theintellectual property invested in that image such as wearing a hat, glasses etc, or maybe how about not simply not being a drongo.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
If your image is copyright, then perhaps the individual should take reasonable steps to protect theintellectual property invested in that image such as wearing a hat, glasses etc, or maybe how about not simply not being a drongo.

I always wear my Groucho classes when I have to appear in public. So far the paparazzi hasn't caught on so it must be working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Rugby league must endure another alcohol-fuelled drama with Queensland’s State of Origin preparations blown off course by an assault investigation.
Rookie winger Will Chambers is at the centre of allegations he pushed a patron and sparked a scuffle at a Brisbane bar in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

This is interesting.

So what is it about RL? Will played for the reds, goes to (or back to?) league and this happens (guess will have to wait to find out what exactly 'it' is).

Does it come down to individuals (only boof heads play league and so are apt to do incidents such as these) or no code has a monopoly on boofheads yet some codes culture is sufficient to exert a restraint that markedly reduces these natural tendencies. Or of course the flip side being encourages these natural tendencies.

interesting to say which is the chicken or the egg here.

Anyways, I always thought that league was the superior game, after all how often have we read how a 'league guy waltzes into union and straight away becomes a wallaby, just shows our code is tougher'??

Well, TBH, I don't recall Will all that much when he played for the reds (had to actually check because the name was familiar) yet here he is, on the verge of being called up for SOO.

Funny to see that league argument turned around.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Will was great for the Reds but then had a pretty bad shoulder injury. Since then you could definitely say he was fairly gun shy.
From the very little I've heard of this incident, will is alleged to have pushed a guy who then fell over and suffered no injuries.
I imagine there's more to it than that for the guy to lodge a police report but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah, I would have backed Will to be a Wallaby squad member at least if not for his shoulder injury at the end of 2010. He wasn't the same for us the next season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Chambers is only 26 and isn't a prodigious talent.

I don't think it says much that he's achieving more in the NRL in 2014 than he was at the Reds four years ago.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Chambers is only 26 and isn't a prodigious talent.

I don't think it says much that he's achieving more in the NRL in 2014 than he was at the Reds four years ago.

he's playing for the Storm though, and a lot of his good play comes off the back of others like Smith, Cronk, and Slater. Easier when they've got the most over-cap roster in the comp.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fucked if I know why they even have yellow or red cards in league anymore. Everything dodgy just goes 'On Report'.
I thought the point of putting something on report was for when it wasn't quite clear that an offence had occurred or that the severity was a bit clouded for whatever reason.
In the SOO tonight though, Will Chambers is shoulder charged. Clear as day. The laws say you any do that. So what happens, the incident goes on report. The 'tackler' stays on the field and Chambers leaves the field clearly damaged from the 'incident'. Fucking stupid game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really?!? So do they just call them something else? Or can you just not get binned or sent of anymore?

Yeah they do but it's rare, I believe this is the most recent sin-binning, June 22 this year:

Chris Sandow is sent to the sin bin in Parramatta’s loss to the Storm. Source: FoxSports
“HOW much are they paying you?”

Sandow was sent to the bin for the comment made after Cummins awarded Melbourne a penalty when the home side was deep in attack during the second half.

The last send-off that I know of was in 2013:

Greg Inglis, the man whose rough treatment in games against Canterbury and Manly this season has sparked a shift in the interpretation of the send-off rule, has backed NRL referees to continue protecting players in the wake of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves' dismissal on Monday night.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ves-sendoff-20130514-2jju5.html#ixzz370an7fxg

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
was there a try that did NOT go to the bloke upstairs? It's creeping in a bit into our game, but not to that extent yet thank god. And the constant backchat to the ref (not even queries, continual harrasment from any man or dog)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Melbourne 4 Canterbury 6.

NRL need to look to Soccer to get one of their spin doctors familiar with explaining how exciting a 0-0 draw is to explain how exciting the Mungoball game is with scorelines like tonights.

No way can they ever refer to Heavensgame as "Yawnion" with a straight face.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Note: FoxSports is describing the abovementioned game as:

"Bulldogs scrap past Storm in in thriller"

The Wogdogs' defence has been described as "Superb" and "Relentless" at various points around there. Go to foxsports.com.au/nrl because I can't be bothered...

Status
Not open for further replies.