• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League "World" Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yep that was a top notch performance by the Kiwis. But I put it down to two brain farts:

1) Monaghan taking Hohaia (sp?) out off the ball when Slater had it covered; and

2) Slater's hoik infield to gift Marshall a try.

No leadership from the Aussies. Thought they could just turn up and win by default. Shit I wish I'd had some cash on that :)

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hahahahahaha
Oh dear, i nearly fell out of my cheer when i checked the score this morning

Beautiful.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
And i thought we were whingers (well i know we are), huge amount of moaning and whinging coming from over the ditch. Talk of a conspiracy to give us the win.
I doubt too many can argue against the penalty try call, the guy was lucky he wasnt sent off.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
While my gut instinct was for the penalty try, I thought the call for a penalty try was borderline after about the 3rd replay. From one angle you can't see Slater at all, then realise from the reverse he's about as close to the ball as Hohaia, and only had to kick it out while Hohaia still had to beat him to it, grab it safely, and ground it properly. It was at least worth a sending off - the very definition of professional foul.

Some of the Rugby League media are swooping on this upset as the key to a revival of international rugby league :lmao:

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Its also convenient that all this attention the penalty try has gathered has meant the complete and utter brain fart from the world best league player Slater committed. Have you ever seen a stupider play than his attempt at keeping the ball in play?

T

Turban

Great game. Not sure what Slater was thinking trying to run up a narrow blind-side on at least two occations, one leading to the famous try.

I don't really care about the result, and found it more entertaining once it became clear the Kiwi's were right in it early on.

I find it really funny how the whole cup the Leaguies tried to hide the fact that it was a one horse race, now that the unthinkable has happened and someone else won it's all a big conspiricy because it really WAS a one horse race.

Status
Not open for further replies.