• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Legends - Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I am really enjoying watching the Tim Sheridan interviews that are part of the Rugby Legends Series being shown on Foxtel.

While they are hardly compelling viewing like the latest renovation, dancing, singing, modelling, or talent show sensation is, and are about as boring as bat shit to many of the me generation, these are a valuable part of Australian Rugby/Wallaby history and should be part of the National Rugby Archive. They will never rate on FTA but they should be available to all and sundry on a you tube or ARU TV stream.

I reckon that they should be compulsory viewing as part of the Wallaby induction process.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
good thread, have been meaning to say much the same thing. On first thoughts it would have been something I had no doubt would have been 'meh' but much to my surprise found it great.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ is there a link to those podcasts for lazy buggers who just want to double-click rather than Google @RugbyReg?

The Mighty Parramatta 2 Blues have also done a series of video interviews with some of the legends of grass roots footy in Parramatta.

Link to some of them here:

And plenty of others on this You Tube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoBluesRugbyTV

I believe that it is important to have a good record of the past to keep the fine culture of our game going.

Status
Not open for further replies.