• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Quotes of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
uploadfromtaptalk1443903034412-jpg.6987

M. Poite: "You must push straight".

Edit: Transcript is something like this
M. Poite: “Three times, you were definitely not straight
P. Marler: “Was he straight?
M. Poite: “Yes, he is. Now, you have to be very disciplined and get a straight angle, alright?
M. Poite: Indicating penalty “Number 1; not straight

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Post game interview time with Gits after the Soap Dodgers were relegated to minnow status at RWC15

Rod Kafer: "Fantastic ball from your old mate Adam Ashley Cooper. He's always passing to you isn't he?"

Matt Gitteau: "He doesn't normally pass though, Swoop. So ... ... ... He's ... ... ah ... ... ... He's been known to tuck and turn there, so I'm just pleased he passed the ball".

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
A good one from Paul Hayward of the Torygraph:

"Sport with this cargo of tension is borderline unwatchable."

So true. I was squirming with tension the whole game. That's why it's better watching the game with friends in a pub, rather than at home. It's substantially more relaxed.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The from the UK telegraph
Nowhere was the gulf between the two sides more glaring than at the breakdown. The Wallabies had picked two of the best open-sides in the world, David Pocock and Michael Hooper. They did exactly what most expected: stole English ball, slowed up the rest until England were running through quicksand.
The accepted portmanteau of the two men is Pooper, which is entirely appropriate for the effect they had on England's party.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Irish back Johnny Sexton in The Irish Times on how Michael Cheika was able to turn around the fortunes of his Irish club Leinster, and then the Waratahs and Wallabies: "Because everyone's probably scared shitless of him, if I was being honest. He knows his rugby as well, he's a very clever guy, but he does have that presence where he's a pretty scary guy when you get on the wrong side of him."

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Irish back Johnny Sexton in The Irish Times on how Michael Cheika was able to turn around the fortunes of his Irish club Leinster, and then the Waratahs and Wallabies: "Because everyone's probably scared shitless of him, if I was being honest. He knows his rugby as well, he's a very clever guy, but he does have that presence where he's a pretty scary guy when you get on the wrong side of him."

external

229726-b5a9e3e8-5809-11e4-9982-7891fa7cc08b.jpg

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Those pics are gold. I have to confess that I've always been a fan of Cheik and his borderline madness/genius. Loved him a player with Randwick, total mad dog. He's no different as a coach I reckon. He is, ironically, a very good people person from what I understand. A high EQ by all accounts.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Those pics are gold. I have to confess that I've always been a fan of Cheik and his borderline madness/genius. Loved him a player with Randwick, total mad dog. He's no different as a coach I reckon. He is, ironically, a very good people person from what I understand. A high EQ by all accounts.

He made a fortune in the fashion industry. If he's going from that world to this world, and can be successful in both, he's got something going on in that shaved dome.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nick Stiles, after Brisbane City secured the [NRC] minor premiership and the Horan-Little Shield

When supporters watch the games, it is easy to look at guys like Karmichael Hunt and Samu Kerevi, but it’s actually been the work of guys like Henry Taefu, Junior Laloifi, Ben Hyne, Waita Setu, Luke Beauchamp and those guys from club Rugby who have really stood up and played exceptionally this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.