• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV ratings 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Well, the results are in - and a relatively decent number for a Friday night.

@MediaweekAUS: Fri STV #SuperRugby #FoxSports
#REBvFOR 57k
#BLUvHIG 37k

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
People say winning rugby is entertaining rugby, and it might be to a certain extent but this needs to be reinforced with skilful and talented performances, and currently coaches like Foley and Graham aren't facilitating their players to do this.

I think it is true and and I wouldn't blame Foley at all for his style of play if the Farce were winning - however if you're not winning and still playing shit something has to change. It's the Tahs 2012 all over again but I can't seem to work out why. :(

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
http://footyindustry.com/files/ARU/2015unionratings.png

I worked out from the above link if my maths is correct an average ratings of 52.4 K and the comments below indicate ratings not recorded are not in the top 20 meaning I guess ratings would be below 50k.

Does anyone know how good this site is ???
Numbers match what is reported on @mediaweekaus so pretty reliable, though I wouldn't trust the averages in the link - I think it's just a sum divided by number of games - and as you say they don't have ratings for all the games (usually games in NZ that rate <40k here and don't crack top 20)

My average is 57k (63k for games in Aus and 51k for NZ) up to last week

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ having a 7:30 game both Friday & Saturday would've helped big time, possibly the NRL split round may have helped too (leaugies being more likely to watch Union than AFL when deprived of their 5kick fix).

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
With the split round I was thinking it is a shame the Reds v Tahs game was in Sydney. With so many Sydney NRL teams there will always be a game on.

The broncos had a bye and there would be no other football on in Brisbane so would have been good for live crowds.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ problem being the Broncos bye was only confirmed ~6 weeks ago, chances are NRL had Suncorp booked already in case they and/ or Nine wanted the Bronco byes to precede Origins 1 & 3 rather than 2 & 3, whereas the Super Rugby draw came out late last year.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'm pretty sure the reds v tahs games are locked into an alternating pattern where one gets the early game and one gets the late game and they swap each year. They're the two biggest games in the Australian conference so it makes sense they time it that way. Swapping who hosts first probably helps to balance the losses either team might occur going into the second game when their season is toast. No idea if they'll keep this up with the new format though.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Finals time

@MediaweekAUS: Sat STV #SuperRugby #FoxSports
#HIGvCHI 74k

@MediaweekAUS: Sun STV #SuperRugby #FoxSports
Stormers v Brumbies (2am start) 31k

And just one for interest sake
@MediaweekAUS: Sun TV #netball #ANZCGF @TheFirebirds v @NSWSwifts #ONE 133k (metro) #FoxSports 94k (national)

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
I must admit, I'm very surprised by those numbers for the netball. I didn't even know they had a GF on.

T

TOCC

Really? I was hearing about it everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah that was the biggest game of the year between the two best supported Aussie teams.

I watched the final quarter, it was great. Netball has a massive latent fan base, who won't watch regularly but will tune in for the one or two big games a year.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yeah that was the biggest game of the year between the two best supported Aussie teams.

I watched the final quarter, it was great. Netball has a massive latent fan base, who won't watch regularly but will tune in for the one or two big games a year.

The Swifts actually had to move their home games on several occasions to accomodate their crowds. They had a number of games with crowds of 10,000 odd. The Firebirds I think sold out every home game. The ratings for the season weren't super from what I can remember. I was watching some sports show that had Liz Ellis expressing her concerns in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.