• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Ratings 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Strew

Do you know if that is the BeIN sports channel on Fox or the BeIN stream?

In practice - just Foxtel. however...

It works on audio, so if anyone with a survey box streamed beIN and played it through the TV it would be picked up.

Having said that, everyone with a survey box has Foxtel. So that's pretty theoretical

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
There will be a lot of replays, I hope, which will mean that the eventual number will be a fair bit north of that. It was a great game, deserves a much bigger audience.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
There will be a lot of replays, I hope, which will mean that the eventual number will be a fair bit north of that. It was a great game, deserves a much bigger audience.
Yep - if they reported on Saturday, then that's just viewers before 2am. So only live viewers.

Having said that, the way the maths works, i think that's about 1 of the sampler boxes watching in the entire country.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
120k on SBS. Got to be happy with that for an early morning game.

Like WOW.

I will and I suggest some other send SBS a thank you email and how much you enjoyed their coverage.

This could be a new FTA home for us. Soccer is moving out they no longer like each other and SBS is on the lookout for a new sport.

120K that is a truly wonderful number.

I am sure SBS would also be pleased.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Worth noting that the highest the A-League has rated on SBS this year is 118k, in round 1.

On Friday night the Wanderers/City match rated 57k.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think it was a simulcast feed unlike what 9 and 10 have been doing previously.

I recorded on BeIN because I recorded the other 4 games then had to drive the parents to the airport at 6am

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Like WOW.

I will and I suggest some other send SBS a thank you email and how much you enjoyed their coverage.

This could be a new FTA home for us. Soccer is moving out they no longer like each other and SBS is on the lookout for a new sport.

120K that is a truly wonderful number.

I am sure SBS would also be pleased.
Lets not get too carried away. Man u v Arsenal did 169k in the middle of the night on SBS, and they showed the highlights of that game at half time of Aus v franve instead of any analysis of the rugby.

Still, the coverage was good and ratings not too bad

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Good. Had the guy who does the English commentary for the Top14 and an Aussie. I missed his intro. But they were good.

David Lyon I believe. Nice and understated

Robbie Nock and David Lyons. Robbie tends to call things a bit quickly and doesn't always get the refs' calls right. And he also tries to out-Gordon Gordon Bray with obscure references to players' backgrounds, etc.; he's not in the same paddock as Gordon on that scale. However, his calling of the game's quite good. Lyons is yer typical dry country Aussie, just the facts.

There was NO red-cordial excitable bullshit from either of them. Take note, Martin and Kearns. And the Channel Nine cricket crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.