• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just watched replay of final.

Had no idea that they actually played a final this year.

I assumed that following the quarter finals they would just quietly close the whole thing down. Why did it go on? Mystifying.

I had never seen this match before. Obviously, having today just found out that such a match was played at all.

Surprised how wild and woolly rugby was even in 2007 compared to todays sterile, automated, predicatable fodder. This match would have had about 20 yellows and 6 straight reds if it was played today. Bakkies "cleanouts" accounting for about 8 of the cards.

Bokkes barely had to do anything to win this. They didnt bother attacking. Just defend the wet papier mache rapier England attack, wait til the poms cough it up, then Lord Farquhar Montgomery kicks it back to halfway. Rinse, repeat.

Thank christ England didnt go back-to-back. Good God, no.

In executive summary, having reviewed the match footage in its entirety, from all angles, I think I can safely say that the 2007 Rugby World Cup Final MOTM was Percy's hair.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I, for one, was unaware that any test rugby whatsoever was played in the year anno domini MMVII. Indeed, I was under the impression that the only instance of professional rugby union football played with New Zealand involvement in that year was the NPC, when a certain blue-and-white hooped team completed a perfect season of provincial rugby.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
I think this was one of the more interesting cups in terms of results.

Argies changing the entire balance of the finals on opening night by knocking off the frogs
Fiji beating Wales to move into quarters
Tonga emerging and pushing both England and SA
Aussies and Kiwis gone by the quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.