• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup Live Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
G'day,

During the 2003 World Cup there were live sites for the matches.

I will never forget watching the game down at the Rocks at the final.

Given not all of us can afford to go across i thought i would ring the ARU to find out if they had a live site similar.

I was told by the ARU that they hadn't and that they would need permission from Fox or Nine to do so. Things may change by the quarters they say, but i couldn't gauge whether they are too bothered if the broadcasters say no.

Do you think this idea has legs? I would love to watch the game in a big crowd maybe in a park, opera house steps etc. I sure ex pats and visitors would like this also.

Do you think this idea has legs? Would it be worth asking Fox or Nine if they would stage something like that? I am sure it would be great for those who have kids etc

Carn the Wobs

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
There is a live site in Sydney at Harbourside, on the western side of Darling Harbour. There are three floating screens showing the games live.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Awesome, why didn't the ARU tell me that?

The live site is sponsored by DHL which is "the official logistic partner of the RWC 2011". So the ARU may not be aware of it as it is not an ARU sponsor.

At this stage, there doesn't appear to be much in the way of promotions for it. I found out about it when I walked by Darling Harbour this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.