• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RuggaMatrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Someone (sorry forget who) mentioned this site the other day. Basically its a home site to download the podcast. Its basically by Djuro Sen and Mark Cashman. These guys did Tah Talk, which was good if not a little basic. Well Sen left NSWRU and has set it up again, and its bigger and better in my eyes. They have Link McKenzie and Les Kiss on every week to talk Euro rugby. But they really cover world rugby very well with good contacts around the globe.

Its probably the best rugby podcast, which isn't saying much at the moment, but deserves to be supported.

http://www.ruggamatrix.com/

Get into it!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Thanks

It is the best bits from Tah talk listening so far.

Lote's interview was pretty good, he seems to focus on the mental side a lot more than you would think looking at him and his incites about the easy draw in the RWC were very good. Especially looking at the English draw.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Great podcast this week, Eddie O'Sullivan is the guest and they talk about coaching, priorities, leadership and skills coaching.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Whoa, Growden referenced ruggamatrix finally in his latest article as well. Wonder if Djuro Sen et al had a bit of a go at him and Guinness about not referencing them in prior articles. Interesting that Growden, Guinness and ruggamatrix all keep chatting to each other on Twitter. And to some weirdo called "RugbyNoddy" as well.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Nice podcast this week, there is a Tahs agenda there in the going wide debate, but the insight on attacking styles and approaches is very very interesting.

Things like the reasons why the Crusaders used to have Jack "seagulling" (and now Ross) (and I thought it was lazyiness :-[)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
And don't forget our mention! Those guys know quality when they see it.....

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I didn't find a mention of the TYS - 90mins is too long to listen to.

The discussion on the wide game was very good - this is something the current tahs rarely do.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
mark_s said:

The discussion on the wide game was very good - this is something the current tahs rarely do.

there is no TYS. We are Green and Gold. Check the web address above!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was referring to the banner! Anyway I did find the reference to green and gold rugby :thumb

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
mark_s said:

I think the Tahs don't do it because they don't have the cattle in the backrow, Waugh, Mowan and Palu are not/can not operate at the speed of Latimer and Messam.

Actually I don't think the Reds do either (a Braid is much more mobile than Waugh)and that is one of the reasons they are leaders in turnovers conceded.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Would that make the Force Australia's best wide pill potential candidates with Pocock and Brown?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Gagger said:
Would that make the Force Australia's best wide pill potential candidates with Pocock and Brown?

and they showed it last night.

Don't expect the Tahs to fling it wide against them, they will call scrums off free kicks and flood the breakdown

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Thanks, he may not be a showy as Smith, but he sure gets through some work.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The latest Podcast is bloody interesting, Les Kiss does some interesting analysis on the All Blacks defensive structure, why Muggleton's old systems are unlikely to work under the current rules etc etc well worth a listen

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The latest Podcast is bloody interesting, Les Kiss does some interesting analysis on the All Blacks defensive structure, why Muggleton's old systems are unlikely to work under the current rules etc etc well worth a listen

Great stuff FP. WHat a few of have said to those posting for the return of Muggo. I have no doubt that had he stayed on the Wallabies would have conceded fewer tries this year but the systems he had in place hamper the rapid realignment for attack and also as Kiss said don't adjust quickly enough under the new interpretations.

The Macqueen/Muggo partnership changed the way Rugby was played from '98 onwards and still has major effects in Oz (and not for the better now). It is one of the reasons I am really looking forward to seeing what the Rebels bring to the comp next year. What will be the new Macqueen style? It will be an epic fail if the constant possession game were tried (and I don't think he would).

Status
Not open for further replies.