• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rumour: Deans could be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm not really up with the new twitter age.

Who wrote that? Who is jbcallinan? And why should we take it seriously?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Another tweet
http://bit.ly/OpClB3
"Whoa! Just got off the phone to NZ. Stand by for Robbie Deans to announce new role - appears he will not see this years Spring Tour. #rugby"

This guy works for ABC grandstand

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^
is your source about the Tahs gig Radio or WiFi?

If the other news is fair dinkum, there will be plenty of happy gaggerlanders. Threads will go into meltdown.

How much bandwidth do the servers have?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I have it on good authority that he has been offered the Tahs head coaching role.

OK I made that up

That would do my head in. Not beyond the Tahs to pull something out of the hat like that though.

Not many top flight coaches available at the moment, so will the ARU appoint Link right off the bat or will they undertake a search?

Interesting to see what the reasons given will be for his departure.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If true we have become so bad that he is prepared to walk without his money.
We as a rugby nation have worn him down.
We must have no hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Not many top flight coaches available at the moment, so will the ARU appoint Link right off the bat or will they undertake a search?

My guess would be that Nuci or Totality Tony will take over as interim, with a short search by the ARU. Not many candidates out there, as far as I can tell. Most fans (and I'm going to guess players) would be very happy with Link, even if the search is pretty short. He's got the runs on the board, wide-ranging respect, and ---

Fuck it, I'm not speculating at all until Mad Robbie is gone.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
IF he's gone will it be with immediate effect or at the end of the RC? Won't see spring tour suggests he'll step down after the tournament. In that case other 4 games would be a write-off with a lame duck coach in charge. Probably wouldn't get a replacement in before spring tour anyway but a caretaker would be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.