• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Running

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
running is an ongoing repetition strain injury

So is all exercise.

Was watching Michael Mosley on a doco last night talking about the benefits of running they're starting to discover - particularly the benefits of compressing and releasing cartilage, cannibinoid generation, etc. Was interesting stuff.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
5.14km n 32mins this morning.

Now running Thursday instead of Wednesday as Pilates takes it out of me on Tuesday night

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
5.16km in 32 minutes.

Today: 98.3kg - Chest 115 - Waist 108 - Hips 110.

Today: 97.6kg - Chest 115 - Waist 107 - Hips 110

Not a bad result tho it was helped by morning ablutions immediately after the run. Pressing on at 400-700g per week will be the goal.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Gotta get off this fucking cholesterol drug. Sleep now becoming a major issue in the work and home spaces. Skipped my run this morning because I was shattered, having woken up again before 5AM.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Gotta get off this fucking cholesterol drug. Sleep now becoming a major issue in the work and home spaces. Skipped my run this morning because I was shattered, having woken up again before 5AM.
Red Grapefruit, oats, Metamucil, plant sterols. Repeat, repeat, repeat,.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The changes I've made in the last month should mean my LDL was nosediving anyway. If the statin I'm on hasn't helped crush it as well, then there is no hope.

P.S. Grapefruit is concentrated goat piss in fruit form :eek:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I've still got my tastebuds, thankfully ;)

Saw the doc and got what I wanted, basically: blood tests tomorrow, moving the statins to an evening dose, and then permission to drop that shit altogether if the HDL/LDL comes back ticketty-boo.

Bit of a risk maybe, only being 5 weeks into medication. However, I feel that we need to jump on this shit straight away because the lack of sleep is seriously affecting my work life.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
5km in 31:10 today. As it's the weekend I got up at 7 instead of 6 so didn't have to run in beanie and gloves.

Skipping Thursday probably hurt the final time tho - consistency of effort and all

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Been off the statins since Thursday and must say I still feel like shit in terms of sleep patterns. As a result this morning was running 1km @5:05 and then walking 2 km home

Just not feeling it

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, once I've told the doctor to shove his meds up his arse, I'll tell you what I'll do: not eat grapefruit because its a donkey-piss-flavoured waste of my time.
There's your problem. Taking suppositories orally is not ideal.