• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Running

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Left calf went ping just after 3km this morning ~18 minutes. Fuck it.

Very bad week on the eat saw the bloat rise, and a weigh in at 97.9kg

Back on the horse.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Left calf went ping just after 3km this morning ~18 minutes. Fuck it.

Very bad week on the eat saw the bloat rise, and a weigh in at 97.9kg

Back on the horse.
bad weekend for me. No legs on the bike yesterday and the food bag has been on constantly ever since. Got to get my head back in the game. I'm having a Beale of a weekend.
Sully

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mate I'm back on the horse! The bloat was still around Saturday weigh in for 97.7kg

But the last few days I've been shedding the kegs and after this morning's 5km run (29:17) I'm 97.1kg

Sunday I did 20 chinups (10 neutral grip, 10 supine) and 50 pushups.

its_on_chaps.jpg

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Off to Melbourne tomorrow for the Marathon on Sunday. Had a solid 3 month build up so it's the first time I've been decently fit for a couple of years. Hopefully no major race day disasters now but we'll see what happens.

Will be smashing a few strong Belgian beers at the European Bier Café afterwards either way so there's always that to look forward to.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
5km this morning in a bit under 29 minutes.

Weighed in at 96.5kg this morning which is back on track. 5 weeks to the end of this sprint. Aiming for as close to 92 as possible

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Little bit of a disaster this morning. Misjudged how much extra over the 42.2km I'd run so finished up running 42.76km in 3 hours & 9 seconds. First time running Melbourne on an apparently unusually warm day and since didn't know the course didn't figure out I'd gotten my sums wrong and would miss sub 3 until halfway around the MCG finishing track. Oh well, always next year.

Still hit the Belgians afterwards!

Attachments

• 20181014_150714.jpg
    20181014_150714.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 368

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Little bit of a disaster this morning. Misjudged how much extra over the 42.2km I'd run so finished up running 42.76km in 3 hours & 9 seconds. First time running Melbourne on an apparently unusually warm day and since didn't know the course didn't figure out I'd gotten my sums wrong and would miss sub 3 until halfway around the MCG finishing track. Oh well, always next year.

Still hit the Belgians afterwards!

Well done, very impressive pace. I only managed the half at 101 minutes.

At your pace you beat me by 11 minutes, then you had to run another 21km. That's just silly.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Missed my 5km yesterday morning due to rain - like it looked clear, and that the clouds I saw were going to miss us, but nope: as soon as I sat down on the front step and started tying my shoes, *splat* *splat* *splat*

So I abandoned that shit

Instead I got home from work, thinking I'd smash out 5 easy, but it was not easy, and I stopped at 3km with bad aura and general shittiness. 16:50.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Monday morning was 5km in 29 minutes. Didn't look at the phone until the last 500m and then tried to kick hard for the last 200m but wasn't quite there. Still, I'm finding ways to hit my rhythm earlier in the run - ironically enough using the onset of aura to determine my pace.

Would seem that, as soon as I get around 5:40, the aura comes on. So I know when I'm starting to get a bit fuzzy out the right eye, I'll be on top of a pace that is decent.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What's happened to the bike, Nick?

No time for it - running consumes something like 3-5 times the energy of cycling for the same time period. Can no longer ride to work due to school pickup/drop off duties, and the extra time for shower/change at the other end

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
after hitting some real sweet form I developed achilles tendinitis in my left foot. Tried to run through the pain one too many times and now i'm hobbling around. Any preventive methods to this apart from increasing your training load gradually?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
after hitting some real sweet form I developed achilles tendinitis in my left foot. Tried to run through the pain one too many times and now i'm hobbling around. Any preventive methods to this apart from increasing your training load gradually?

I finally gave up doing kms after I was suggested the I was actually just exercising in between repetition strain injuries

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So, I was pretty pleased with myself the other day when I ran City2Surf in Sydney. It was my 2nd attempt and I managed to do it in 65 minutes, about 4:37 min/km. The added flair of the day and everyone around you really helps out. Felt great the whole way.

Then I saw a bloke called Zach Bitter just smashed the 100 mile (honestly, wtf) record. He ran it in 11h19m13s, making a pace of 4:15 per kilometre for 160kms. Genuinely cooked. He ran around a 400m track the entire way and then he continued for another 40 minutes afterwards to break the 12 hour record. Sick bastard.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
What an achievement by Eliud Kipchoge - 1:59:40.2 for the marathon distance. Amazing. The organisation that went into this was painstaking but it paid off. Well done to everyone involved - a pioneer moment. Now, when will we see 2:00:00 beaten in a race?