• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015: AUS v ENG (Twickenham)

TGFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Where can I get a copy of this game? I'd love a re-watch. Can't find it on YouTube or Stan.

Any help would be appreciated.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Man it's hard to forget because of the scoreline in the end but we were only up by 7 with 10 to go and then Farrell gets the yellow and well, rest is history. Cheers Owen.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Man it's hard to forget because of the scoreline in the end but we were only up by 7 with 10 to go and then Farrell gets the yellow and well, rest is history. Cheers Owen.
The Farrell brainfart was one thing, but they just ignored Burgess with the high shot on Hooper. Double whammy for the Poms. Farrell clearly has matured since then, as in he is older, but stinks more.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep. I was in England watching and remember Lynagh and Fitzpatrick debating in the studio about the severity of the foul play and Noddy was adamant that there should have been a red shown to one or both of the England players.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yep. I was in England watching and remember Lynagh and Fitzpatrick debating in the studio about the severity of the foul play and Noddy was adamant that there should have been a red shown to one or both of the England players.
All these incidents fall into the "Farrell has a pretty clean record" narrative. That was a YC, these days both he and Burgess prob get red. YC did not register as "history". The number of head shots he has put on in his career is ridiculous. Hard to be convinced that he has ever learned anything about changing his ways.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
All these incidents fall into the "Farrell has a pretty clean record" narrative. That was a YC, these days both he and Burgess prob get red. YC did not register as "history". The number of head shots he has put on in his career is ridiculous. Hard to be convinced that he has ever learned anything about changing his ways.

Totally agree. The number of times he put a high shot or no arms tackle on are numerous. There's a reason why you can go on Youtube there are several Farrell lowlights videos. The guy is a sniper.